new wedding website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 2nd, 2011, 03:08 AM   #1
Trustee

new wedding website

Hey guys i have had problems with my website and just revamped it to this one could you check its working from everywhere and give me some pointers to improve please, maybe colour ect. thanks steve

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...cd36e4cef8e0e7

Last edited by Steve Bleasdale; April 2nd, 2011 at 06:20 AM.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: new wedding website

You have used Flash so neither your videos nor the photo gallery can be viewed on an iPad/iPhone/iPod. That's a really big mistake in my opinion with an increasing proportion of users accessing the web through iPad & other mobile devices.

Incidentally if you use the Vimeo HTML5 player then a least your videos could be viewed.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #3
Trustee

Good point Nigel will look into that, thanks
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Major Player

I think I'm looking at the right site? Does your site have a picture of your JVC camera?

I think it distracts and takes away from what the bride wants to really look at. The camera seems to almost swallow the picture to the left. People here will tell you that a picture of your camera on your site is a bad thing. They aren't techy or care about what model you use. All they care is whether you shoot in HD or not. Maybe change it to a HD logo instead, but if I were you I would put another picture of a bride w groom etc.

I personally don't put my prices on my website because then you have the power to control the price for easier/harder to book dates. My price is different for October then November cause Oct weather here is amazing. So if I put up my prices and a Nov. bride sees them she might just think well that's too high for me pay, when I would of given a discount for her wedding in Nov. I don't know how many couples are seeing the price and then going on somewhere else. It's more work but I get 3x as many inquiries. It took me two years to make this change but I'm glad I did.

You don't have to remove your prices, but I would ditch the pic of the camera even if you do corporate work. Even those guys don't care so much, but if they do they will just ask.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Steve, awesome camera... but I agree... let your potential clients focus on your images; not your equipment. We put prices on our site, really helps us out by being able to steer people there quickly and easily. Been doing this 10 years, that has been very effective for us. We've had to adjust according to workload. Here's our wedding page: GreenPeas Productions Weddings Site
David Stembridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Trustee

Thanks kelly, thanks David
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques