Wedding nightmare - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: Wedding nightmare

Chris,

I'm mostly concerned during the preparation. Because you can't really be separated from the photographer when they are putting on their blazer/dress. It only happens once anyway and sometime in a cramped room. But this photog likes to tell them how to pose rather then letting the event unfold itself. So the footage of them dressing up was pretty much full of photog audio commentary.

No problem during ceremony and photoshoot as I usually ask for special time for me to take some video shots anyway.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
I really cannot see the point of a videographer shooting footage of the photog taking stills of the bridal party...yet I see these guys doing it all the time????
Being ordered about by the photographer will be one of the couple's memories of the day so why wouldn't they want it recorded?
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #48
Major Player

I agree with Nigel. It's actually a memorable time of the day too. Lots of laughter and behind the scenes footage that will be nice in the DVD. In my first few weddings, I didn't record much of it.. and a client have asked why there isn't much footage of the photo session in the DVD.
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Hi Guys

Oh well, I like to be different!!! I actually do ask the couple and I have not yet had one that wants video of the photographer..in fact one bride was adamant that I don't have the photog in any shots nor any posed still shots. That sort of footage can be done by Uncle Bob with his Handycam if the bride really wants it!!

My brides seem to enjoy a special photoshoot with just the three of us that's totally different from the still shoot. Then again my entire video shoot of this part is done on stedicam too so static poses would really be a waste!!

Each to their own style...that's what makes us unique!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #50
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Guys

Oh well, I like to be different!!! I actually do ask the couple and I have not yet had one that wants video of the photographer..in fact one bride was adamant that I don't have the photog in any shots nor any posed still shots. That sort of footage can be done by Uncle Bob with his Handycam if the bride really wants it!!

My brides seem to enjoy a special photoshoot with just the three of us that's totally different from the still shoot. Then again my entire video shoot of this part is done on stedicam too so static poses would really be a waste!!

Each to their own style...that's what makes us unique!!!

Chris
Chris, how do you find that extra time in the day to take them off to the side for 15 minutes?
Michael Simons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques