Dim Weddings - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 27th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Dim Weddings

I find it really doesn't take MUCH to give the camera something to work with... you can't use a noise filter on a video of a black cat in a dark room... nothing there to "salvage". You've got to at least get enough light on your subject to gets some usable 1's and 0's!

My main challenge has been that as soon as you use a light, you run a huge risk of blinding the "talent" - I'm very much looking forward to having DIMMABLE LED's, so I can give just the amount of "fill" needed to get to a usable image, without the blinding...

I've always used diffusion (used those Sonys, and some small LEDS), but sometimes in a dark room, you're still a bit TOO bright. Dimmable makes the most sense to solve the problem, just wish there was a SMALL LED light that was also dimmable and would use the smaller Sony batteries. These bigger arrays are great, but it's overkill for many purposes!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #32
Major Player

Re: Dim Weddings

I bought two of these: HDV-Z96 LED Photo/Video Light Kit | L.A. Color Online a while back. They work pretty good. I dug out some old Sony batteries and they worked great. The lights also work with AAs.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques