Where do you get your royalty free music? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 17th, 2005, 12:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Where do you get your royalty free music?

Do you purchase a cd, do you pay per song from a site online? If you get it online, do you have a site you recommend? I'm looking for stuff particularly for intro's to the dvd.....
Jennifer Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 01:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Jen
Google "Royalty Free Music" and then wade in. It's a deep pool. Most sites will let you 'preview' the music before buying. Most sell sets, OR singles. Read their licensing agreements CAREFULLY. Here's where they differ. Some allow limited NUMBERS of replications, some limit specific areas, most have sliding scales depending on use.

Some companies are royalty free 'buy out'. Others are 'needle drop' libraries.

I just bought two nice pieces from PRODUCTIONTRAX.Com (I think that's the url) Found what I needed, paid $100 bucks total for two pieces.

Look around, it's a big wide royalty free world out there.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Jennifer,

I have purchased and used royalty-free music from:

www.pbtm.com
www.digitaljuice.com (BackTraxx 2)
www.pianobrothers.com
www.flyinghands.com
www.myladonna.com

Chris
Chris Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Dewolfe Music
KillerTrax
Manhattan Music Productions

All are good, I have mainly used Dewolfe since they have a HUGE library.. Then for the budget minded folks, Smart Sounds works as well.. Keep on eye on them since they announced some new product line upscaling their libraries to music along the same lines as the ones I mentioned above..
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #5
Trustee

I have a few links on my audio page:

http://www.stevengotz.com/audio.htm
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #6
New Boot

Wow, a deep pool indeed. I'm going to take a look at some of the resources mentioned above, but in the meantime I'll mention (deepening the pool even further) that I've had satisfactory dealings with
http://www.shockwave-sound.com
and
http://crankcity.com

Arthur
Arthur Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:21 AM   #7
Regular Crew

OOooo I am gonna have to take a look at these other links. But, here is the place I use: www.freeplay.com
You can download and share their music for free and use it for PERSONAL use, but if you use it for commerical purposes you gotta pay up.
Old August 19th, 2005, 02:46 AM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sherman
Dewolfe Music
KillerTrax
Manhattan Music Productions

All are good, I have mainly used Dewolfe since they have a HUGE library.. Then for the budget minded folks, Smart Sounds works as well.. Keep on eye on them since they announced some new product line upscaling their libraries to music along the same lines as the ones I mentioned above..

Pat, How much does Dewolfe charge for the song or songs you use? How does that work?
Tony Stoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2005, 02:56 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stoll
Pat, How much does Dewolfe charge for the song or songs you use? How does that work?
Well.. A lot of money.. A few years ago I got a 1 year agreement for around $500 bucks.. They base it off the number of CD's you choose and the type of work your in.. It's all negotiable..

Since then I use it for work now and our company pays for a annual blanket license for every library that DeWolfe has for much much more I can't imagine the costs.. I know it costs $500 a month to lease our mSoft server which houses all our production music...from killer, dewolfe, and many others..

DeWolfe has huge selections.. Manhattan Music productions has some good selections too.. they were like $450 a song for 1 time use in 1 production and only 1 time in the production.. But I had to have this one song.. :)
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #10
New Boot

For the last two years I have used Digital Juice: Back Traxx and Stack Traxx volumes 1-4.
John Marion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques