DVD design ideas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD design ideas

Hey just wondering what u guys use to design your DVD cases and DVD? I have a hard time designing a nice DVD cover! I use an Epson printer, inner printable DVDs, and the matte DVD case printer.! Any suggestions?
Tyson Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: DVD design ideas

Hi Tyson i use prem photoshop elements 7, and there templates for dvd covers, and designed my own and looked at the goodfellas dvd cover, its great so i do all mine in black ( saves ink ). run it through my dvd disc templates and i always put 4 pics of the bride and groom on the watershield dvd discs. this way it looks classy and not just a one pic on a dvd disc that looks odd?? steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #3
New Boot

To be honest, using software that usually comes with the products you are using is your best bet, as more complex software will require a lot of effort to learn. (assuming you don't know how to use them already!)

I personally use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
(there is an open source program 'similar' to photoshop called gimp or something)

The key thing whatever your using is to keep it simple, also don't use clip-art style pictures as they look really cheap and dated.

If you do a google image search for 'wedding dvds' you'll find a stack of examples to inspire you :)
Chris Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Major Player

I use the software that came with the epson printer. Then go to etsy.com and search for dvd labels. Go to designers for ideas.
Disc Printing Service | Loktah
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques