DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Final Cut Pro X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/496386-final-cut-pro-x.html)

Joe Thompson May 25th, 2011 03:33 AM

Final Cut Pro X

I was looking to pick up Final Cut Studio 3, via connections in the States who will be coming home over the coming weeks, which of course is damn good value in comparison to the listed European price. For a newbie like me, have access to these professional applications would be such a huge step forward, but before I hit the trigger on a purchase, I just thought i'd chance posting to see if anyone had any recent rumours on Final Cut Pro X, and price points with Europe.

Can I assume Final Cut Pro will be available to download for €300?

Would anyone be able to advise on additional plugins, apps & necessities that would need to be purchased extra, & estimated costings on these.

Lastly, for advanced users of Final Cut Pro 7, how much time & effort, do you envisage being saved by migrating to Final Cut Pro X, & if you were in my shoes again, and just starting out, would you opt for the established apps at low cost, or the rebuilt platform, with backend rendering, built in colour etc etc, with a bucket full of unknowns, especially in terms of price on the additional extras.?????

Mike Marriage May 25th, 2011 05:02 AM

re: Final Cut Pro X

Joe,

If you don't need it now, I would wait and see. Exact details aren't out yet, we just know it is coming.

Of course, if you have work lined up, there is no point turning it down whilst you wait for a software release. The current version is still very capable.

Without seeing FCP X is is hard to tell how much time it will save. For simple projects, not much. For more complicated graphics and effects, the time savings should be significant.

John H. Lee May 25th, 2011 04:58 PM

Re: Final Cut Pro X

By just looking thorugh the supermeet video, It looks like the interface is very different from the previous version, let alone of any other NLE programe out there. Some of the features looks really promising like automatic synching, automatic color correction, and magnetic timeline. But I doubt that new interface will really helpful for those who is already accustomed to the current interface of NLE. I heard many of FCP users saying that they will use both system, or forget the new one. We will see once it will be out there.

Patrick Janka May 25th, 2011 11:45 PM

Forget FCP. Get Adobe CS5.5.

Glen Elliott June 7th, 2011 10:07 PM

I, for one, am anxiously awaiting the release of FCP X. I'll definitely get it on launch day but in terms of how fast I'll jump in 100% (sell my FCS)- that has yet to be determined. There simply isn't enough info on it yet. It's certainly has some nice features but I also need some of the other programs that were included in Final Cut "Studio". Apparently Apple will be releasing them separately.

Either way I'm really excited, so much so that this year's WWDC came and went and I didn't bat an eyelash. After all they didn't mention FCPX at all. :)