How many of you actually create your DVD menus from scratch? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: How many of you actually create your DVD menus from scratch?

I made from scratch as well. :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #17
Wrangler

I've never used templates for menus- though some of the ones on the market look pretty sweet. I've always done animated video backgrounds for my menus. In other words I'll take 10-15 good shots- slow them down to 10% and throw some heavy filtering/vignetting on them. I'll try to post one when I get a chance.

Never really thought about it but I found out brides DO take notice. I read some of the reviews of my work on a wedding blog site and brides made specific mention to the menus as well.
Old June 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM   #18
Major Player

Hats off to those of you that make your own for each couple. I just don't have the time to make a menu from scratch that would look amazing with transitions and motion. If anyone wants to post a screen shot of their dvd menus I'd like to see what is out there. I know some of the top wedding filmmakers have a designer produce one or two and they reuse it with a few tweaks. I can't say who thou!! :)

I'm looking for quality like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlULx...eature=related
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I created multiple audio tracks and bi-lingual menu on the DVD. I tried to make it like a Hollywood movie like with scene selections and all the behind the scene chapters under Bonus features. You can take a look here

DVD and BluRay Authoring | L.A. Color Blog

Make sure you click on the "next" button the first screen. There isn't any acutal video there but you can navigate the menu structure from there.
Old June 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Personally, I also don't like those transitions between menus. It would be cool when someone see it for the first time. After a while, those transitions just boring and time consuming to wait from one screen to another. I experienced that many times in Hollywood movies DVD. So I decided not to add any transitions between menus.
Old June 9th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
Personally, I also don't like those transitions between menus. It would be cool when someone see it for the first time. After a while, those transitions just boring and time consuming to wait from one screen to another. I experienced that many times in Hollywood movies DVD. So I decided not to add any transitions between menus.
I don't even do motion menus at all. Like you said, it's cool the first time you see it. But every other time, you are just trying to get to the section you want, and have to wait through all those menus.

My favorite commercial DVD menus are static, clear, and elegant. That's what I aim for.
Corey Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques