Too many videographers? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 6th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #31
Trustee

Re: Too many videographers?

An observation from the customer angle - at her wedding recently my daughter didn't want any photographer there during the prep, but was very happy with the two male videographers present who were completely unobtrusive.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:14 AM   #32
Trustee

Colin, it's refreshing to hear that.

In my experience girls either ban all outsiders, preferring to get prepared in what I believe is the traditional way with their mothers and their chief bridesmaid, or they're happy to have all and sundry present, what might be called the modern way. The important learning for all suppliers is to ask in advance.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #33
Trustee

I just worked and talked with a very well known photographer last night, he works with a total crew of 2. Last week, he worked with the video crew that showed up with 5 people with 5ds! In addition to steadicams and sliders, they had a big jib arm. The photographer nearly got smacked in the face when he turned around quickly and a 5d was floating there at eye level. He said he spent the entire 10 hours ducking, dodging, and jumping over video guys. Shooting weddings here is quickly becoming a fight on the battlefield...lol
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #34
Inner Circle

And shortly thereafter "video" will be banned from many venues because of complete and total BOZOS who show up thinking a wedding is some sort of hollywood set... or because they need to have 5 SLR's to "cover" well enough to get usable footage because they aren't competent with their gear...

The rest of us will HAVE to shoot DSLR's so we can go in "stealth" pretending to be photogrphers!

If I'd been the photog, I'd have "accidently" bumped whatever rig was sticking in my face, just to make a point about professional courtesy! Yeesh!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques