DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Client Sites (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/498142-wedding-client-sites.html)

Jeffrey Kauffman July 6th, 2011 12:27 PM

Wedding Client Sites

Just to give you an idea of what we're doing for our Clients I'm posting this page. Any thoughts on improving it or is this somehow a bad idea to have this as an option?
Ryan+Lindsay - Wedding

Kevin Hill July 6th, 2011 12:48 PM

Re: Wedding Client Sites

Looks good.
I think as long as you have permission from the couple to use their video online, something like this may be helpful. Maybe they could link to it on their facebook pages?

Corey Graham July 6th, 2011 01:28 PM

I would avoid Flash. If the couple wants to bring it up on their iPhone or iPad, they won't see anything. Plus it'll load much faster if you use plain old HTML and CSS.

Aaron Mayberry July 6th, 2011 01:32 PM

I like it a lot!

Here's a few we've done recently...yours seems more streamlined.

Jason and Kristina

Wendy Paints Her Dress presented by ForeverCherishedProductions.com

the only suggestion I would make is to have facebook comments show up, sometimes that will get people more involved. (and sometimes not, sad face).

Also, the "we were married:" section seems a bit off. It should be one sentence, not 3 separate 'sections', imo.

Jeffrey Kauffman July 6th, 2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Hill (Post 1664915)
Looks good.
I think as long as you have permission from the couple to use their video online, something like this may be helpful. Maybe they could link to it on their facebook pages?

Kevin I'm glad you like it. This is an option for our clients to purchase so we definitely have their permission in the contract. It's great for them to share their video on Facebook and good for us with the increased exposure.

Jeffrey Kauffman July 6th, 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Mayberry (Post 1664927)
I like it a lot!

Here's a few we've done recently...yours seems more streamlined.

Jason and Kristina

Wendy Paints Her Dress presented by ForeverCherishedProductions.com

the only suggestion I would make is to have facebook comments show up, sometimes that will get people more involved. (and sometimes not, sad face).

Also, the "we were married:" section seems a bit off. It should be one sentence, not 3 separate 'sections', imo.

Thanks Aaron. I like those sites too.
Your comments regarding the 'we were married' section were duly noted and it was changed. I like it better now so thanks!

Noel Lising July 6th, 2011 02:31 PM

I like the concept, I thought of offering that service for $500 but the folks at this forum thought its too much. So I am just curious how much are you guys charging for this add on?

Jeffrey Kauffman July 6th, 2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 1664949)
I like the concept, I thought of offering that service for $500 but the folks at this forum thought its too much. So I am just curious how much are you guys charging for this add on?

Noel we're actually just testing it right now and haven't put a price tag on it yet. We basically just threw it in for this client to get our feet wet. It's a little hard to price because it takes a little work, but if it's done right the free publicity for your product when they share via Facebook etc. Is worth alot.

Aaron Mayberry July 6th, 2011 03:10 PM

If they get a concept film(love story, trash the dress), we do it for free...and usually as a surprise. In fact, we haven't charged anyone yet, and we've done about 10-15 of them.

It costs me 10 dollars to register the domain, and a couple hours to write everything out. Well worth the money and time.

Jeffrey Kauffman July 6th, 2011 08:03 PM

Aaron I have to agree with you. It is worth the money and time. Nice work!

Chris Davis July 14th, 2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kauffman (Post 1664910)
is this somehow a bad idea to have this as an option?

Not a bad idea, but we used to offer it as an option and nobody was interested. When I'd ask why, the typical response I'd get was that a Facebook page was good enough, or that they could create their own free web page on any number of wedding sites.

Tyson Yoder July 14th, 2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Mayberry (Post 1664961)
If they get a concept film(love story, trash the dress), we do it for free...and usually as a surprise. In fact, we haven't charged anyone yet, and we've done about 10-15 of them.

It costs me 10 dollars to register the domain, and a couple hours to write everything out. Well worth the money and time.

What web hosting company and domain register do you use? I think that is a great idea!!

Aaron Mayberry July 26th, 2011 09:27 PM

We use hostmonster.com, which has been pretty good to use. Registering a new domain and making a new wordpress site takes a total of 5-10 minutes.