Wedding Client Sites at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 54
Wedding Client Sites

Just to give you an idea of what we're doing for our Clients I'm posting this page. Any thoughts on improving it or is this somehow a bad idea to have this as an option?
Ryan+Lindsay - Wedding
__________________
Jeffrey Kauffman
www.reflectionography.net
Jeffrey Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 55
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Looks good.
I think as long as you have permission from the couple to use their video online, something like this may be helpful. Maybe they could link to it on their facebook pages?
Kevin Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 388
Re: Wedding Client Sites

I would avoid Flash. If the couple wants to bring it up on their iPhone or iPad, they won't see anything. Plus it'll load much faster if you use plain old HTML and CSS.
Corey Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 212
Re: Wedding Client Sites

I like it a lot!


Here's a few we've done recently...yours seems more streamlined.

Jason and Kristina

Wendy Paints Her Dress presented by ForeverCherishedProductions.com

the only suggestion I would make is to have facebook comments show up, sometimes that will get people more involved. (and sometimes not, sad face).

Also, the "we were married:" section seems a bit off. It should be one sentence, not 3 separate 'sections', imo.
__________________
www.styleandmotion.com - Modern Wedding Films based in Michigan
www.miweddingblog.com - Michigan's dedicated wedding blog
Aaron Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 54
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hill View Post
Looks good.
I think as long as you have permission from the couple to use their video online, something like this may be helpful. Maybe they could link to it on their facebook pages?
Kevin I'm glad you like it. This is an option for our clients to purchase so we definitely have their permission in the contract. It's great for them to share their video on Facebook and good for us with the increased exposure.
__________________
Jeffrey Kauffman
www.reflectionography.net
Jeffrey Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 54
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mayberry View Post
I like it a lot!


Here's a few we've done recently...yours seems more streamlined.

Jason and Kristina

Wendy Paints Her Dress presented by ForeverCherishedProductions.com

the only suggestion I would make is to have facebook comments show up, sometimes that will get people more involved. (and sometimes not, sad face).

Also, the "we were married:" section seems a bit off. It should be one sentence, not 3 separate 'sections', imo.
Thanks Aaron. I like those sites too.
Your comments regarding the 'we were married' section were duly noted and it was changed. I like it better now so thanks!
__________________
Jeffrey Kauffman
www.reflectionography.net
Jeffrey Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 789
Re: Wedding Client Sites

I like the concept, I thought of offering that service for $500 but the folks at this forum thought its too much. So I am just curious how much are you guys charging for this add on?
__________________
Noel Lising
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 54
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Lising View Post
I like the concept, I thought of offering that service for $500 but the folks at this forum thought its too much. So I am just curious how much are you guys charging for this add on?
Noel we're actually just testing it right now and haven't put a price tag on it yet. We basically just threw it in for this client to get our feet wet. It's a little hard to price because it takes a little work, but if it's done right the free publicity for your product when they share via Facebook etc. Is worth alot.
__________________
Jeffrey Kauffman
www.reflectionography.net
Jeffrey Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #9
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 212
Re: Wedding Client Sites

If they get a concept film(love story, trash the dress), we do it for free...and usually as a surprise. In fact, we haven't charged anyone yet, and we've done about 10-15 of them.

It costs me 10 dollars to register the domain, and a couple hours to write everything out. Well worth the money and time.
__________________
www.styleandmotion.com - Modern Wedding Films based in Michigan
www.miweddingblog.com - Michigan's dedicated wedding blog
Aaron Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster PA
Posts: 54
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Aaron I have to agree with you. It is worth the money and time. Nice work!
__________________
Jeffrey Kauffman
www.reflectionography.net
Jeffrey Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Trustee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Willmar, MN
Posts: 1,400
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kauffman View Post
is this somehow a bad idea to have this as an option?
Not a bad idea, but we used to offer it as an option and nobody was interested. When I'd ask why, the typical response I'd get was that a Facebook page was good enough, or that they could create their own free web page on any number of wedding sites.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #12
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montgomery IN
Posts: 124
Re: Wedding Client Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mayberry View Post
If they get a concept film(love story, trash the dress), we do it for free...and usually as a surprise. In fact, we haven't charged anyone yet, and we've done about 10-15 of them.

It costs me 10 dollars to register the domain, and a couple hours to write everything out. Well worth the money and time.
What web hosting company and domain register do you use? I think that is a great idea!!
Tyson Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #13
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 212
Re: Wedding Client Sites

We use hostmonster.com, which has been pretty good to use. Registering a new domain and making a new wordpress site takes a total of 5-10 minutes.
__________________
www.styleandmotion.com - Modern Wedding Films based in Michigan
www.miweddingblog.com - Michigan's dedicated wedding blog
Aaron Mayberry is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network