Anyone give Data DVD with HD footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 22nd, 2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Anyone give Data DVD with HD footage?

It's a shame that we shoot in HD and deliver on DVD. Most people don't have Blu-Ray players, either. Do any of you in addition to a DVD send the couple a data disc with rendered HD versions (.mp4, .mov, etc.) of the video along with the SD DVD's to watch on their PC?
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Anyone give Data DVD with HD footage?

Hi Patrick

I'm thinking about offering it as an optional extra!! Probably you might find that all the footage in say 1280x720 in MP4 would be a little too much for a 4.7GB DVD?? I was thinking either a USB stick or charge them for a portable media player and supply that with the preloaded footage.

With a media player they can watch it on their TV as well in HD without a BD player....BD players over on your side of the pond are cheap!! We are still paying $300 +++ but a WalMart one would probably be as cheap as a media player so why not throw in a player and put the wedding on BluRay ???

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Strangely enough a data DVD with quarter D1 resolution mpeg4 files for use in ipods, mp4 players and smart phones would probably be more appreciated.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Probably you might find that all the footage in say 1280x720 in MP4 would be a little too much for a 4.7GB DVD??

Chris
Not at all. I just put a 50 minute wedding and 10 minute engagement video in 1920x1080 .mp4's on a data DVD no problem. Just play with the settings until you get it to about 4.7GB.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Major Player

I offer digitsl copies on usb, no as popular as bluray, but a nice option.

I get Silver 'our wedding day' sticks, dearer than generic, but they look great
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Major Player

I've been giving data DVDs as part of each package for probably two years. It costs me a couple bucks, and with dual layer discs I can fit high quality 1080p mp4 footage on there no problem. I've been told by a number of brides that this included service was why they chose me over another videographer.
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #7
Trustee

I am not putting footage on DVDs, but all footage from all cameras in original format is 'included' with every package I offer, it IS a good selling point, and yes, for some clients it is important, all they need is to provide an external hard disk

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques