Printers for Labels - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 25th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Chan
when you guys print on the printable disc directly... does the ink come off if someone touches it? It has always been a problem for me. btw, i use R300
That is only a problem if you print outside of the printable area. I like running the printing all the way to the edge, but then I just wipe off where I over run, otherwise dry in minutes.

Mike
Old August 27th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #17
Major Player

The R300 has had some reported problems printing discs. I first started having problems a few weeks ago. Printer is only a few months old and without much use. But, the printer's tray does not always track correctly and causes a printer error.

There was a discussion about this on another forum and many people are reporting the same problem. Don't know why the 200 works any better but the 300 is not a disc printing solution yet in my opinion.
Bob
Bob Harotunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Chan
when you guys print on the printable disc directly... does the ink come off if someone touches it? It has always been a problem for me. btw, i use R300
have you tried the matte printable cd? there is another glossy type printable cd but then you have to let it dry before you let someone else touch your work...
Leonardo Silva Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Harotunian
The R300 has had some reported problems printing discs. I first started having problems a few weeks ago. Printer is only a few months old and without much use. But, the printer's tray does not always track correctly and causes a printer error.

There was a discussion about this on another forum and many people are reporting the same problem. Don't know why the 200 works any better but the 300 is not a disc printing solution yet in my opinion.
Bob
Bob, it must be peculiar to the R300 or you just got a lemon. I've had an R200 for over a year and its never not worked perfectly. Recommended the R200 to two others who each purchased one and they've never had a problem either.
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM   #20
Major Player

Oh Boy:-(
You all say you've got problems with the R300. I just ordered that one last week before your replies were posted. I ordered it from Newegg.com. Mainly because it had the connections for Dig Camera's and the R200 didn't. Least I thought it didn't. The price was good and the reviews seemed great. I guess I'll just have to wait and try it out for myself. It should arrive by Wed. I'll post back once I try it out.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:36 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Not everyone has problem with R300. I got a R300 for almost a year now and has not given me any problem. I print mostly DVDs and in full color. Drying is no problem either. Just make sure not to play your newly printed disc into your DVD player at least a few hours after printing. There is a message that pops out in your PC monitor in regards to drying and playing your disc.

In regards to the disc tray, make sure that the 2 arrows are aligned before hitting "print".

Good luck and Have Fun !
Danny Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 09:08 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I have had an epson r200 for about 6 months now. Only used for CD/DVD labeling, mostly with full color images. After about 50 uses, my tray would not go in correctly without a tap from me to get it going....arrows were aligned and all but it would just sit and spin without taking the tray in...not a big deal but a bit of a hassle if I forget to tap it in and it gives me an error message...I have not changed ink cartridges as of yet, but will be looking into the e-bay deal if that pans out for MIke...

Other than that little problem, I would recommend buying at a local BJ's Warehouse for $80...I will probably be purchasing another, just for backup!
Seth Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #23
Major Player

Thanks for your input Guys
I do feel better about now. I'll give it quite abit of time for me to adjust. looking forward to it.

Thanks Again
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:59 AM   #24
Major Player

Since we're talking about the R200 anyone have a good photoshop template they use for their R200s?
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques