Training at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 14th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Training

Hi Guys,

I see many wedding videography companies now offering "training" where you learn all the secrets, in some cases the training costs more that a 7D. Just wanted to know if anybody here has actually gone on these courses and really benefited?
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Training

There is a couple of "wedding photographers" here in Colorado Springs, that bring on second shooters, have the SS pay the photographer for the training, and the photographer charges for the SS.

The photographer makes out all the way around.

There is one in pictular, that has a full day Saturday class for 4 SS photogs as the the first half of the training and the actual wedding is the second half. I think the photographers charges $2,500 for this training.
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Honestly I would take a look at: IN[FOCUS] | Progressive Education for Event Filmmakers
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #4
New Boot

I would recommend wedfilmacademy.com run by Richard Wakefield and Pete James. It's around £350 for 12 months and has loads of tutorials.
Bev Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #5
Major Player

I took some training in the 90's when I first started in videography. I'm trying to un-learn a lot of what I was told, because it simply doesn't apply to my style, and much of it was dead wrong.

I think the best training is experience. Just getting out there and doing a few weddings will teach you more than any training course.
Corey Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques