Music soundtrack... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 7th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Major Player

Music soundtrack...

for those of you who are following a cinematic style...
Can anyone please share with my where you found your collection of music that you use for the timeline. I would honestly like to purchase something as a collection or soundtrack.
Yes, i know we've talked about this kinda stuff in the past. Just curious what you guys are using... I'm done with mine, it makes me sick to edit everytime I here the music play.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Music soundtrack...

Have you tried Jamendo? There's lots of stuff to use there royalty free. Download free music: soundtrack - Jamendo
Rodrigo de la Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the site... Unfortunately it's not exactly what I was looking for.
I'm looking for a grouping of songs that all somewhat sound similar... just like a motion picture soundtrack would be.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo de la Garza View Post
Have you tried Jamendo? There's lots of stuff to use there royalty free. Download free music: soundtrack - Jamendo
Thanks for the site, I found some great stuff I would like to use in future projects, however, which license does wedding videos/films fall under?
Nicholas Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Valentine View Post
Thanks for the site, I found some great stuff I would like to use in future projects, however, which license does wedding videos/films fall under?
Every album on there has different licensing. Check the license for the album you want to use, here are the license descriptions: About The Licenses - Creative Commons

If the license does not have NC (Not Commercial) then you can use it safely. Some might argue that using music in a wedding is not actually a commercial use, as you are not charging them for the music, just for the editing process, I don't know legally what exact terms wedding videos fall in, so like I said, to be safe just use any that has a CC licence that doesn't have NC in it.

There's really lots and lots of stuff for you to download and use.

Edit: Note most of them require you to credit the author, which I think wouldn't be a problem. :)

Last edited by Rodrigo de la Garza; September 8th, 2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added additional info.
Rodrigo de la Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #6
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Thanks for the site... Unfortunately it's not exactly what I was looking for.
I'm looking for a grouping of songs that all somewhat sound similar... just like a motion picture soundtrack would be.

Steve
Yes, I understand. There are many albums there that are complete works that sound coherent, like this one which is on that front page I linked you to: Download this free music album: Loophole - Jamendo

Might not be the type of music you are looking for, but there are many collections there such as this one that are coherent groups of songs.
Rodrigo de la Garza is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques