DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Sharing Video question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/500843-sharing-video-question.html)

Bart Wierzbicki September 19th, 2011 06:05 AM

Sharing Video question

When we finish a movie for a client, we create a seperate page for them so they can send the link to that page to their friends and family.

Now a couple asked me to have their film on facebook, so they can show the film directly on FB instead of sharing the link.
What's the best way to do that ?
I don't want to put all my movies on my facebook and if I put it on Vimeo, it can be put directly on FB, but then the people can go to my account and watch all the other videos from other clients which I would like to avoid.

So any ideas ?
An idea is to just give the client the movie file in the right format and have them upload it.

Is it possible to have your video on your own server and putting it directly on FB ?

Jeff Brewer September 19th, 2011 06:28 AM

Re: Sharing Video question

I use Vimeo Plus and set the video to private and not appear on Vimeo and restrict the embed permissions to my website. Then I embed the video directly to my clients private page and give them the page link. It's up to them how and who they share that link with.

Corey Graham September 19th, 2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Wierzbicki (Post 1683097)
Is it possible to have your video on your own server and putting it directly on FB ?

You can definitely do this, and there are lots of ways. One of the easiest I've found is to use an app that allows you to embed code into your Facebook page. You put the video on your server, and write the appropriate HTML that would normally place that video onto your page. Using this Facebook app, you create a new tab on your page, enter the code, and that's it. It will actually be pulling the video from wherever your code directs it.

Bart Wierzbicki September 19th, 2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Brewer (Post 1683103)
I use Vimeo Plus and set the video to private and not appear on Vimeo and restrict the embed permissions to my website. Then I embed the video directly to my clients private page and give them the page link. It's up to them how and who they share that link with.

Is that the password protection option ? Can the clients easily share the video via their FB ? If so, that would be great. I'll have a look into it.

Bart Wierzbicki September 19th, 2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey Graham (Post 1683104)
You can definitely do this, and there are lots of ways. One of the easiest I've found is to use an app that allows you to embed code into your Facebook page. You put the video on your server, and write the appropriate HTML that would normally place that video onto your page. Using this Facebook app, you create a new tab on your page, enter the code, and that's it. It will actually be pulling the video from wherever your code directs it.

Also a great tip. Thanks. I'll check some apps for it

Bart Wierzbicki September 19th, 2011 09:07 AM

I just saw that Vimeo has added a new feature for their Vimeo Pro subscribers : A video review page.

This video will not be listed on Vimeo itself and users who are not on Vimeo can also leave comments.

The downside. A Vimeo Pro account is around 200 Us dollars / year. :o(