DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Awesome Wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/501747-awesome-wedding.html)

Katie Fasel October 18th, 2011 01:31 PM

Awesome Wedding

I just thought I would put a post on here about what a great wedding we had this weekend. So often we are all on here with worries, issues or just to vent, so I thought I would vent in a positive way!

We had an amazing wedding this past weekend. Leading up to it I was somewhat worried, because the bride and groom booked us VERY last minute, so we didn't have a lot of time to get to know them. Aside from that, they were getting married in a very strict catholic church...we've done a million before, but this one had extremly strict rules on moving and what not. But in the end it all turned out so great!

The day was full of TIME...like I had time to go home between hair appointments and the rest of the bridal prep. The photographers were great fun, had awesome ideas themselves, and were very easy to work with. And the wedding party was a TON of fun and very welcoming.

On top of of all that, the bride and her family are Michigan State Fans, and the groom and his, fans of U of M, which is very significant if you are from Michigan and know that this past weekend was their big faceoff in college football. It was the theme of the day,and made for an absolutely fantastic wedding.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share!

Chris Harding October 18th, 2011 05:32 PM

Re: Awesome Wedding

Hi Katie

I think we all deserve a nice wedding now and again where absolutely nothing goes wrong, the footage turns out way better than you imagined and the photogs are great AND stay out of your shot too!!

Give yourself a pat on the back for this one and you never know, the next one might be just as great too!!

Chris

Ben Creighton October 18th, 2011 06:30 PM

That's great, Katie! We should all be so lucky.

Go Blue! :)

Kelly Langerak October 18th, 2011 08:58 PM

It's refreshing isn't it?

Long Truong October 19th, 2011 03:25 AM

Thanks for sharing Katie, it's always encouraging to read this kind of stories.

Katie Fasel October 19th, 2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Creighton (Post 1689817)
That's great, Katie! We should all be so lucky.

Go Blue! :)

Haha, State won. I got a great shot immediately following the ceremony of all the groomsmen whipping out their smart phones to check the score. Oh, and during the Petitions (or prayers of the faithful), the reader added one praying for all the michigan fans about to suffer a terrible loss...the priest was none to happy about that. But the crowd loved it.

Katie Fasel November 4th, 2011 06:42 AM

I started this thread a couple weeks back, and now the highlight video is done, so I wanted to share and get any feedback! I realize this probably belongs in the sample gallery, but since it was about this original thread I thought I would start it here...feel free to move it if you wish!

www.vimeo.com/foreverfossilize/jamesandkristina

Sorry for the link...but the embed code wasn't working?