Awesome Wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Awesome Wedding

I just thought I would put a post on here about what a great wedding we had this weekend. So often we are all on here with worries, issues or just to vent, so I thought I would vent in a positive way!

We had an amazing wedding this past weekend. Leading up to it I was somewhat worried, because the bride and groom booked us VERY last minute, so we didn't have a lot of time to get to know them. Aside from that, they were getting married in a very strict catholic church...we've done a million before, but this one had extremly strict rules on moving and what not. But in the end it all turned out so great!

The day was full of TIME...like I had time to go home between hair appointments and the rest of the bridal prep. The photographers were great fun, had awesome ideas themselves, and were very easy to work with. And the wedding party was a TON of fun and very welcoming.

On top of of all that, the bride and her family are Michigan State Fans, and the groom and his, fans of U of M, which is very significant if you are from Michigan and know that this past weekend was their big faceoff in college football. It was the theme of the day,and made for an absolutely fantastic wedding.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share!
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Awesome Wedding

Hi Katie

I think we all deserve a nice wedding now and again where absolutely nothing goes wrong, the footage turns out way better than you imagined and the photogs are great AND stay out of your shot too!!

Give yourself a pat on the back for this one and you never know, the next one might be just as great too!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That's great, Katie! We should all be so lucky.

Go Blue! :)
Ben Creighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #4
Major Player

It's refreshing isn't it?
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for sharing Katie, it's always encouraging to read this kind of stories.
Long Truong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Creighton View Post
That's great, Katie! We should all be so lucky.

Go Blue! :)
Haha, State won. I got a great shot immediately following the ceremony of all the groomsmen whipping out their smart phones to check the score. Oh, and during the Petitions (or prayers of the faithful), the reader added one praying for all the michigan fans about to suffer a terrible loss...the priest was none to happy about that. But the crowd loved it.
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #7
Major Player

I started this thread a couple weeks back, and now the highlight video is done, so I wanted to share and get any feedback! I realize this probably belongs in the sample gallery, but since it was about this original thread I thought I would start it here...feel free to move it if you wish!

www.vimeo.com/foreverfossilize/jamesandkristina

Sorry for the link...but the embed code wasn't working?
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques