Speeches Audio - Anyone else do this? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Speeches Audio - Anyone else do this?

you can use as many receivers as you like with ONE transmitter but you absolutely can not use multiple transmitters to a single receiver all set to the same frequency.
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #17
Inner Circle

well mainly there are 3 speakers so i use small olympus recorders and lav mikes on each of them - backed up by a couple of zoom H2 recorders hidden behind flowers/wine bottles etc

I've been cought out before by a speaker going walkabout so seperate lavs are the way to go for me :)
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #18
Inner Circle

We still use a couple of Sennheiser G3 wireless setups but for the price of one wireless mic we can now have four Zoom H1s (& change). PluralEyes makes it so easy to synchronise everything that we probably overdo the number of mics now but you really cannot have too many.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Ok, so what works for me is get a feed from the sound board if you can BUT also just gaffer tape a small mp3 recorder to the hand-held mic.

This has worked GREAT! Great sound and a cheap price point. I use the Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder (ICD-PX312), only $50 at Amazon. It is small enough that it does not stand out to much with black gaffer tape. The Sony recorder has a mic on the top so ideal just to tape it to the hand help mic. It has like 2 gig of internal memory, so like 20 hour of record time. Battery last forever. I use "voice notes" option so the sound does not get blown out.

I can not stress how wonderful this has worked for me. I own 2 of the Sony recorders because they work so good and are so cheap. The sound is remarkable, just since it during editing. Ever wedding videographer should have one of these in there bag to get some good audio fast!
Jeffrey Fuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Payne View Post
if you use your wireless receiver to tap into same frequency as the mic does this cause any interference
Different manufacturers don't share the same frequencies, except for some rare examples. Even if you did have the same manufacturer, you still probably won't be lucky enough to have the same group of frequencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Payne View Post
iDo you do this by trial and error cycling through frequencies while speaking into the mic if you can't get access to a visual display showing the frequency (i find many are self contained old looking units that don't display the frequency)
Needle in a haystack. Many models of transmitters have more than 1000 available frequencies.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques