24p for the web - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 16th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: 24p for the web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Sadly the best slider that I have used is the unobtainable $1000+ Kessler Philip Bloom Signature Edition Pocket Dolly.
why is it unobtainable? i hought it's just backordered
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Sadly the best slider that I have used is the unobtainable $1000+ Kessler Philip Bloom Signature Edition Pocket Dolly. The GH2 is so light that I have been able to use it successfully with a single tripod on a GlideTrack HD Hybrid that I would normally use with two tripods with a heavier camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski View Post
why is it unobtainable? i hought it's just backordered
OK, it's almost unobtainable. It's not backordered as you cannot order it. They have this stupid system where they announce that it will be available on the website & you have a couple of minutes after it goes on sale before it's once again sold out.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Taky,
I like the steadicam work! I have been studying the steadicam for a bit and I'm almost ready to purchase. I'm a long time HXP 170 user and I just purchased a Canon 60D. I know it's a learning curve but how long did it take you? Also, those things never come down in price, do they?

Thanks
Art
Art White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Art, I have only used Steadicam but not others. I like it because it's foldable design. I can put it in my camera gear. It takes a few attempt to get it balanced. Once I got it right, it works very well for me. At weddings, it always draw attentions from the guests. It looks cool =)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques