Training at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Training

I did some searches on Training on this forum, but didn't find anything current. I'm really looking for some training or attend a workshop on filming techniques. I know I can use a lot of improvement on that. Does anyone know of any? I'm willing to travel almost anywhere in the U.S./Canada

Have any of you attended or heard of InFocu? They're having a conference and a whole day of a Wedding Videography workshop. But that one day is about $500. Is that reasonable or expensive? How about the ones from Videomaker in California. They seem to have some good weekend training classes. Anyone familiar with that or have any feedback?

I've seen the ads for Mark Von Lanken in Vegas. He and his wife do workshops but their prices at $1000 are just way to high for me.

Thanks in advance
Raji Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Training

InFocus seems more like a networking opportunity as they allow you to watch last years material via their website. I watched 2011 material and it was worth it, more improvements to the business than actual filming techniques. I think $500 is reasonable, its just the accommodations and airfare that didn't make the budget for this year.

Michael I think is working on his next workshop after they speak at inFocus. This might be the best way to see actual filming techniques as you spend the day with Michael on a live shoot and see how things are actually accomplished. He is a wealth of information and a very good teacher.
Visual masterpiece workshop
http://www.visualmasterpiece.com/EDU...kshop_2011.pdf

I'd like to attend the event cinema workshop next year as I'm a big fan of all three, but don't know much about the workshop.
Event Cinema Workshops | An Exclusive HD-DSLR Workshop Experience

I would have like to check out Jose's workshop, but had to work on that day.
The “Mano a Mano” Jose Ortiz Films Workshops First Stop (Edison, NJ)

And one I'd like my wife to check out one year:
POSH 2011 is a filmmakers retreat and educational workshop for women

And a branding workshop that I'd like to check out:
Big Deal Branding INC
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Inner Circle

You can buy Mark's training DVDs on his website. Also visit other videography websites, there are tons of DVDs made by talented videographers. I'd give you the site names but I can't remember them.
Old November 16th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you Jeff. I thought it might be more worthwhile to do some training hands-on, but I guess a DVD is the next best thing.
Raji Ahmed is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques