DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Rock Concert - Is there a filter to make the footage shakier? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/502869-rock-concert-there-filter-make-footage-shakier.html)

Michael Clark November 20th, 2011 12:21 PM

Rock Concert - Is there a filter to make the footage shakier?

It seems like a funny question, but since I primarily film weddings, my focus is usually on making the camera as steady as possible. I recently filmed a 4 camera rock concert with the intent of using the footage to put together a short "music video" using their CD audio. With most hard rock concerts I've seen live videos for, there are a lot of split-second cuts, and it is mostly shaky or quick movements (purposefully, looks like). I can make the short cuts no problem, but I'm just wondering if there is any filter in Premiere (I'm on a PC) that would do the opposite of stabilization? I wanted it to just sort of move the image around randomly, in no specific pattern.

Tom Hardwick November 20th, 2011 01:29 PM

Re: Rock Concert - Is there a filter to make the footage shakier?

Mercalli on my Edius system can work both ways - stabilise or shake.

John Knight November 20th, 2011 01:47 PM

Hey Tom - trial this: Digieffects - Plug-ins - After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro and Edius

Michael Clark November 20th, 2011 02:16 PM

Thanks to both. Tom, I've got Mercalli v2 but can't figure out how to use it this way (and have tried looking at their website, and looking at the plug-in). Any guidance?

Tom Hardwick November 20th, 2011 02:49 PM

No guidance I'm afraid as I've only ever used it to stabilise. Isn't there a 'preset' to wobble as there is to stabilise?

Michael Clark November 20th, 2011 03:05 PM

Just used a trial of the Damage software. Just what I was looking for! I'll probably only use it on the one camera I used a tripod with. But it's perfect. Thank you both again.

Jeff Brewer November 20th, 2011 04:02 PM

Michael, since you are using Premiere I assume you have After Effects as well. If so, there is a plug-in that comes with it called "The Wiggler." To use it simply put a keyframe where you want the motion to start and stop, probably beginning and end in your case. Then tweak the settings to your desire. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further help as I use it on occasion to add various styles to my work.

Dave Stewart November 28th, 2011 09:48 PM

GenArts Sapphire - Shake. You can adust every movement x,y,z, amplitude, seed, tilt, etc. All keyframable and can be timed to the music by hand or with trapcode soundkeys.