How Many Use a Spilt Screen Technique for Recitals? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 24th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: How Many Use a Spilt Screen Technique for Recitals?

Hi Guys

Well my Christmas Dance Recital had the teachers a bit worried but I have so far supplied a total of 130 DVD's and all of them have been dual camera...At this stage just a mere 3 Mum's want a choreography cut so it's probably cheaper to just duplicate a dual cam shoot so Mother's can see their little darlings up close and then offer a choreography DVD for those more technically inclined!! I was quite happy to toss in an extra 3 wideangle only DVD's to the Dancing School at no charge and they are happy!!! Probably less work and less hassles than doing a dual video track and have them coming back to you asking how it works!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #32
Tourist

Re: How Many Use a Spilt Screen Technique for Recitals?

Around 2004-2006 I had some Dancing groups requesting multiple angle DVD's (did one as a test for one convention and other organizers really liked it). In that particular case, the clients didn't care about a drop in quality and preferred to see their every movement during the dance competitions. There were 4 video tracks sharing the same audio: the Default mixed version, and then an angle for each of the three cameras. DVD SP worked fine with it. Due to the quality drop I used Cinemacraft Encoder to get the best picture at low bitrates. The final result spanned 4 discs (cheaper than 2 dual layers at the time) and orders made it worth the effort. Haven't done any since, nor has anyone been willing to pay for the extra time involved.
Samuel Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques