Are you thinking of moving to short form? What are your concerns? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Are you thinking of moving to short form? What are your concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kawamoto View Post
20 years from now, the brides of short form videos will regret not having a long form version. I got this info from brides I shot 20 years ago. To them, the more footage you have of every guest/family member without music in the background, the better.
Then what the hell are they paying a videographer for?

In the end, it all comes down to what the bride wants and whether you as a videographer/cinematographer/artist can afford to be be picky about the service you provide. If you can afford to restrict yourself to a single style/service, go for it. However, i don't think many of us here are fortunate enough (yet) to be so choosey.

Nonetheless, i don't think anyone should be criticizing other people's work on the basis of it being short form or long form. Ultimately the market will decide what's best.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques