DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Deliver Entire Wedding DVD Online (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/504405-deliver-entire-wedding-dvd-online.html)

Taky Cheung January 15th, 2012 11:34 AM

Deliver Entire Wedding DVD Online

I have been wanting to test the possibility to add this option to my wedding packages to deliver the entire wedding DVD content online. Not just to post all individual clips on vimeo or hosted at our website, I want the client has the same viewing experience just like watching the wedding DVD online. I always know Encore has the Flash export since CS3. I decided to give it a try with my CS5.

Here the entire wedding of a Persian wedding I finished before. The results are pretty good.

The Wedding of Sheila and Hafez by LA Color

Even subtitle text works (Check out the Honeymoon clip). Awesome! However, it doesn't support multiple audio tracks. Thus the "Background Option" option in the Setup menu won't work.

Since it is all Flash content with FLV/F4V, it won't work on iPad. Hopefully Adobe will make a HTML5 export in the future CS release.

Michael Clark January 15th, 2012 12:06 PM

Re: Deliver Entire Wedding DVD Online

Great idea - looks really sharp too. Will you keep each project on your server indefinitely? If so, do you have any concerns about storage space?

Taky Cheung January 15th, 2012 12:31 PM

I haven't figured out all the logistic. It will be an add-in option to the current packages to deliver the final content on USB drive and online.

The entire folder is 1.5GB in size. There're other encoding options for low bandwidth. The chance for someone viewing the entire DVD content online is quite low. Thus, it wouldn't be an issue maxing out the web hosting monthly bandwidth limit. Also, having the content hosted online for 1 year is quite enough. On top of that, almost all of us post the highlights video (the most watched chapter) at vimeo. After one year, it can be an annual subscription offer to host the video online, which I don't think any couple would like to pay additional for that.

It also works for potential customers that I can show them how the final products look like. I'm excited about this possibility.

Nigel Barker January 16th, 2012 03:41 AM

Thanks for the tip. It looks really nice. It's a very good way of showing a potential client what a finished DVD will look like without having to actually give them a disc. Always with the proviso that it doesn't work on the iPad.

Since we moved from FCP to Premiere Pro we have been using Encore & I have appreciated having the same project spit out a DVD or Blu-ray as directed & it looks like this is another nice option.

Taky Cheung January 16th, 2012 11:59 AM

Yeah it won't work on ipad because of the whole export is a Flash wrapper. I tried it on my android phone and tablet. It works beautifully =)

Taky Cheung January 16th, 2012 02:44 PM

Go check out the Bloopers chapter under Bonus Features. It's quite fun to watch :)

Sigmund Reboquio January 17th, 2012 06:48 PM

I tried that before but found out that my website is wordpress based and didnt work.

anyone here knows a solution how to make it work on wordpress flatforms?

Taky Cheung January 17th, 2012 07:01 PM

I found out, not many web server will stream F4V by default. So you can also try export with FLV instead. Then, it might work for your server.