UK Market Research!!! Help!? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Tourist

UK Market Research!!! Help!?

Hello guys

i've been hanging around in the shadows of this forum for a while now absorbing page after page of brilliant information so first of all, thanks!

Long story short, i've been shooting wedding videos for about a year now, just for family and friends for no charge and i love it! I've put a showreel together which im really pleased with and i'd love to turn this into a business (i've recently graduated from uni, yet there are no jobs opportunities in what i studied for so instead of sitting on my backside i'm going to give wedding video my best shot.)

Basically i've got a big interview coming up for a business start up scheme where by you get a lot of support from this organisation in your first vital years. Good hey. At this stage all i have todo is talk about my business idea yadda yadda yadda, but it would be great if i could hit them with some hard and fast facts about the industry, not just assumptions. Do any of you UK guys know any good sources? Or have done much market research in the past and prepared to share your findings?

Any help would be excellent, thank you in advance!

Ben

PS here is my showreel, any feedback would be brill.
Ben Foster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques