DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Intro to my new promotional dvd (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/506756-intro-my-new-promotional-dvd.html)

Alexandru Cristescu April 7th, 2012 02:53 PM

Intro to my new promotional dvd

Just wanted to share the intro to my a new promotional dvd I'm working on. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Alexandru Cristescu April 7th, 2012 03:37 PM

Re: Intro to my new promotional dvd

Just realized I posted this in the wrong section.... Sorry folks. Trying to see if I can move it myself or delete.

Warren Kawamoto April 7th, 2012 06:12 PM

After watching it, my suggestion is to start your video from :35, cut out the entire beginning, it dragged. Less is more in this case!

Chris Harding April 7th, 2012 06:39 PM

I agree with Warren too!! A wedding promo is much like an ad on TV..they say you have to grab the viewers interest in the first 10 seconds and have their full attention within 30 seconds!!
With any promo, the bride is looking to see how you will handle her wedding and also is confirming that you actually are a videographer and you can do the job!!

Showing multiple couples is good as it shows the client that you actually have done more than one..I would also add some prep shots, vows shots and reception shots to show what you cover!! Forget the architecture and concentrate on the wedding couples!

Chris

Nathan Allard April 10th, 2012 06:43 AM

I do like the intro...the first 35 seconds can loose the viewer so maybe shorten the clips or cut a few out.

im thinking the into should be maybe 10 seconds in total or so.
you should be able to keep the audio through out the video.
i like the the look and sound.

fantastic shooting!
great editing!
good music choice!

Rob Cantwell April 12th, 2012 04:11 AM

nice shooting & editing, i can see where the first 30 seconds could contain more appropriate footage as the guys said - well spotted

Roger Van Duyn April 12th, 2012 06:39 AM

I agree with the other comments about the first 35 seconds (but those scenes are so well shot and I have trouble cutting my own well shot scenes out too). But don't cut out the vocals from that part!!!

What I would do is cut the video in half, and slide the vocals from the first 35 seconds over into the remainder of the video, dropping the volume of the music track appropriately. As it stands now, the second half is all music.

Just add those vocals to the second part of your demo.

Alexandru Cristescu April 16th, 2012 05:38 PM

Thanks to everyone chipping in their comments. Much appreciated. I will be looking at this piece again, I'll see what I can work out. I do see the point about the first 30 seconds.... Time to go back to the drawing board!!!

John Woo April 19th, 2012 09:36 PM

The music sounds so familiar and I believe it is a from a recent pop song that top the chart. Hope you got the clearance to use it for your demo.

Alexandru Cristescu April 20th, 2012 01:57 AM

Your right John Woo, it is a pop song. You know like the one you used on this video on your vimeo page. Not the same artist but someone popular as well.....
Hope you have clearance;)

Alexandru Cristescu April 20th, 2012 09:59 AM

I see the video is private now..... The nerve....