DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   straps & bags (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/507611-straps-bags.html)

Osmany Tellez May 7th, 2012 06:40 PM

straps & bags

Hi,

Strap?

We sometimes do video & photography..DSLRs..5D, T2i, T3i. I'm still using the "CANON" straps...sometimes i take them off if i decide to use that cam to fly but for photo wife prefers straps for resting...so..they are a pain to put back on.
do any of you have this issue?
wish there were clip on....
so this Black Rapid RS 5 BUt..wow..expensive and i didn't like that they use the tripod (hole).

do any of you have a good solution for camera straps?..not too expensive?

Bag?

also..since we use a mix of primes..
any good bag for extra lens for quick switching?

thanks so much for your time...

trying to make life easier..

Rob Cantwell May 8th, 2012 06:27 PM

Re: straps & bags

still use the issued straps for my stills cameras, but i didn't get any with my two sony camcorders so had to buy!
got LowePro Transporters - has a quick release buckle, feels comfortable so anything like that you should be happy with!

R.

Dave Blackhurst May 10th, 2012 10:23 PM

My personal choice is the stretchy straps made of wetsuit type material - easier on the neck. The ones I picked up had the quick releases, so it's fast to pop the strap off - you can connect the two "stubs", as they have the opoosite connectors when the strap is detatched.

And a couple older MRock slingbags (Olympics, IIRC) for carting the cameras and extras - fairly versatile, and easy to switch from "backpack" to being where you can get to the gear quickly.

Osmany Tellez May 11th, 2012 05:38 AM

Thanks guys.

Dave, do you have a name or link for the strap?

Bernard Lau May 11th, 2012 06:52 AM

Um, I'd get something like this: Lowepro - Voyager C (Camera Strap) but I'd check eBay for some Asian copies ;) thoug, cheap stuff means higher chance of breakage. Last thing u want is your camera fall lens first!

Frank Simpson May 15th, 2012 01:00 PM

In the interest of full disclosure, I must state I that I work for the following-named company.

OP/TECH USA is the brand that Dave refers to above. We make neoprene camera straps of many styles and many, many configurations. The Utility Strap - Sling Version is for many people the answer to the Black Rapid dilemma. It features a comfortable neoprene strap pad with a non-skid surface, and the gliding connection affixes to the camera's regular strap connection point. (Only one connection is needed on the camera's right hand side. Two connectors are provided for use with cameras with two connection points on the right such as on a pro battery grip.)

The unique "Uni-Loop" connector that connects the camera to the sling is fully compatible with other OP/TECH USA straps, which allows you to change from a sling to a regular neck strap, or to a harness, or to a wrist strap in about 10 seconds.

It's also very affordable.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Rickey Brillantes May 15th, 2012 02:17 PM

I personally hate straps lugging on my neck for 6 hours, instead I use the Cotton Carrier, it's a bit expensive, but hey, I won't have a neck pain at the end of the day.

Dave Blackhurst May 15th, 2012 03:25 PM

Yep, one of mine is an Optech, and I also have one that says "Tamrac".

The Neoprene "stretchy" strap material helps a lot to avoid the standard "pain in the neck" that goes with other neck straps. That's why I started using them, leaving the provided OEM straps in the box! Like anything else, the "right accessories" make the outfit!