Bags, bags, and more bags. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 19th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Bags, bags, and more bags.

Keith, nice photo, thanks for posting. I'm happy today with the bag. I've got everything I need mine and it's ok now. I believe I'm going to be very happy with the bag, I agree that it is awesome to have one main bag to hold so much.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #32
Major Player

Keith if you're at your limit within the bag you may be able to loop one or two waterbottle pouches to straps etc if these exist on the outside of the bag - or onto a bar on the trolley handle mechanism. These are good for none fragile things like cables etc. I use several from Lowepro:

Lowepro - S&F Bottle Pouch

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #33
New Boot

Nigel - Pleased you managed to find the promotion. Liked the tip on cable storage - brilliant solution and so simple.I followed the link to your website and I would like to compliment you. Everything so professional and polished. I am just starting out and can't imagine at this stage that I would ever consider shooting a wedding - must be quite a stressful commision to undertake?
Steve Grimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 02:19 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Grimshaw View Post
Nigel - Pleased you managed to find the promotion. Liked the tip on cable storage - brilliant solution and so simple.I followed the link to your website and I would like to compliment you. Everything so professional and polished. I am just starting out and can't imagine at this stage that I would ever consider shooting a wedding - must be quite a stressful commision to undertake?
Steve, thanks for the compliments. To be fair we were doing web design before we ever did video so like to think that we are pretty good at it now. In fact we are just in the process of re-branding as we now offer photography in addition to video services. This is the new website that is almost complete & where the other websites will eventually redirect to when we have finished the makeover Alice Barker Images – Professional Wedding Photography & Video

We always swore that we would never do weddings as it would be too much stress but have come round to enjoying them immensely. Nobody goes to a wedding to be miserable so there is always a very upbeat vibe. It's very rushed & busy but the time never drags.

Last edited by Nigel Barker; May 21st, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Keith, I love the X300 case. After using it for two weddings, I feel it is the single happiest purchase I've ever made for video.

My two XA10 cameras with shotguns mounted fit in the bag, along with two GH2s, lenses, batteries, two audio recorders, a wireless unit, my articulating arm, cleaning kit, screwdrivers, everything. Everything in one case, it's superb. I can put a tripod leg of my small tripod into the front of the bag and haul it along also, it's perfect. One more row of compartments would be ideal, but I feel everything is organized as-is just fine and it has actually affected the quality of my work. No more rummaging though bags. I open the case and everything is in front of me, giving me more time to focus on the job, not finding things. I'm not as rushed, it's just a better way of working.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Jeff, I couldn't agree more. Everything thing that I use most frequently fits right into the bag. Yes, I really love how everything is so accessible and right in front of you. My wife was kinda like $300 on a bag! Now she is like I really like the bag and its a great purchase, lol! There is a small strap that came with the bag, I use the strap on my Steadicam Merlin bag to attach to the rails . Love the fact that it rolls too. My other bags I had to carry and it was not fun when they are full! I also would have to rank this as one of my top purchases for video as well. Again, I appreciate the heads up on that.
Keith Betters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques