NEW TLC Show Still Looking For Bloopers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #1
New Boot

NEW TLC Show Still Looking For Bloopers

Hey Guys,

We are still looking for bloopers for our new show on TLC called "Weddings You Won't Believe". We are collecting some great clips but still need more. We are paying a usage fee per clip as well. Some specific clips we are looking for are wacky dancing , real romantic dancing and some great cake cutting clips. Please email me or respond.

Thanks,
Matt
matt@rotfeldproductions.com
Matthew Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Uh oh....

If you consider yourself professional or wannabe professional, don't send your videos to shows like this. Let all the Uncle Charlies send tapes full of shaky, poorly composed shots and bad sound. When people see crap like that, they gain more appreciation for professionally produced wedding video. Professional wedding videographers can use these shows as examples of how NOT to shoot video.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #3
Still Motion

I sent several clips to Matt to review. He liked them all but wouldn't purchase anything unless I showed him more above and beyond the five I posted. I spent quite a bit of time digging up footage and posting it online, just to be told that they like everything, would purchase it, but want to see more. Unless you have a lot of time to invest, don't expect quick results or sales.

Just thought everybody should know about my experience thus far.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:10 AM   #4
New Boot

Weddings You Won't Believe

Guys,

We are not only airing bloopers on this show we have many great videos from unusual Weddings, such as two Weddings shot in Hawaii, one was of a Wedding where the couple was married in a shark tank underwater, and the other is of an old couple renewing their vows after 50 years of marriage. Another fine wedding we found looks like it was shot right from Morocco, the groom dressed in Morrocan suit rides up to the aisle on an Elephant, it was beautifully shot. Most of the bloopers have nothing to do with the videographer, these things just happen. We are looking for a lot clips, bloopers being some of them, but not all. I don't want the show to come accross as just a blooper show, it's not. Sorry for not explaining it well.

Thanks,
Matt
Matthew Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Even if you own the rights to the video and have all your clients sign foolproof releases as you should and whatnot; I dont think its hard to see what bad form and an unprofessional business practice it would be to turn around and sell your client's possibly embarrassing video to be aired on national television without their consent.

Just my opinion, dont know if I'm alone with it or not...
Josh Hibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2005, 07:11 AM   #6
New Boot

Wedding Show on TLC

Hey Guys,

I thought I made it clear, I guess I didn't. Before anything airs and we buy any wedding footage, The Bride and The Groom have to fill out appearance releases. The footage will not be on TV without Bride and Grooms release, no matter how good the footage turns out. This doesn't not ruin the integrity of the Videographer, if all the parties (including the Bride and Groom)are in aggreement. I don't see where it's unprofessional, unless we just buy the footage and ignore the actual people involved.

Thanks,
Matt
matt@rotfeldproductions.com
Matthew Jay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques