Could I get another one at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Could I get another one

No Seriously, give me more blue lights. Maybe we can have them shooting out of the electrical plugs. And who came up with these cheesy LED flashing cheapo lights? Can I take that guy to the river?

Ok, vent over.
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Could I get another one

Add the "magenta" ones to the blue as well. Lets flood the entire room with them so when I hand over the finished product you can call me a day later and ask why everything looks so "off". Hey you're the ones that ordered the lights not me, I'm just the one that has to put up with them!
Come to think of it, none of the colors used for uplighting is any good when over done. I've seen them spread out nicely kept at a level that adds to the room but doesn't overpower it. I've also seen rooms that look like they're from the club scene of the 70's. Oh the humanity of it all! ;-)
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Over here all they tend to do is use their white left-over Christmas Tree lights on a backdrop which doesn't worry me at all.

Now, LED's are very sensitive to current surges so a careful application of 110v AC to the wiring will result in a simple "FIZZ" and problem solved. Otherwise drag in your 2000KW lighting kit and they won't even feature any more.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Not sure if this suggestion could help people dealing with those damn lights but...

I tend to shoot from above during a reception - either from a staircase or a step ladder I take into the party. The slightly downward angle really puts that uplighting out of play for most of the night.
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm going to put something in my agreement about it. The last wedding they had 30 foot blue tubes around the dance floor. Then with the cheapo flashers..... Gee

Some DJs are cool about controlling the blue, but if you tell me you can't then you need a better light system.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques