too many cameras - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 24th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: too many cameras

Many years back you rarely saw anyone other than the professional hired photog or videographer with a camera. Today, my phone takes better pics, quality wise, than some of the 35mm cameras I used back in the day. Since everyone has a phone it's easy for them to get in our way, be a PITA, have no respect for us doing the job we are being paid for. Nothing we can really do about it. There are more of them than there are of us. I think all we can do is the best we can under the circumstances.
I do have a clause in my service agreement that covers that and many officiants in my area make an announcement before the ceremony that since the B&G spent a lot of money to hire professionals there is no need for them (the guests) to be taking pictures or video. Sometimes it works sometimes not but in any case there really is very we can do about it so we either have to roll with it or have a former defensive lineman (someone that's say 6'4" and goes about 325) as a "2nd shooter" to prevent this from happening. ;-)
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #17
Trustee

What I usually do is to include shots of all the other guys taking pictures even if there are in my way. Lets put it this way,as an event videographer you suppose to take shots of what is actually happening, not what is the ideal way to happen. This way the couple cane see how really their wedding was.

stelios
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Stelios

Me too..if they are inconsiderate and block my camera after I tell them not to, then I leave a tiny piece of the footage in, intentionally, before cutting to my high up camera ..that gives them a visual prompt so they see was at fault.... I do also when they do it over and over, let things rip and the last wedding I did, I never saw the photog again ...she kept far away from me!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques