shoulder rig or monopod for ceremony,reception? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: shoulder rig or monopod for ceremony,reception?

I've tried the polaroid chest stabilizer ( sharp shooter copy), the monkey shoulder support (both very cheap on Amazon) and my manfroto monopod with my 7d. They all have pros and cons. You really should try to borrow them from someone to see which fits your shooting style if you can only afford one. If not buy all 3 and see which suits you best
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
It rather surprising how much we humans "move" when we think we are standing perfectly still! We wobble, but we don't fall down!
Speak for yourself Dave, I once fell off the stage during a sax solo :(

But I know of one wedding guy who uses 3 tripods. He sets them up at weddings and functions at the best spots for shooting.
He says it's faster, and quieter in a church. Guests see them and stay clear.

Then he'll quickly go from one to another with his camera, or leave his other cam running while he goes handheld. If the job is big enough he uses a 2nd shooter, who's cheaper because he doesn't have to supply the gear.

Cheers.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:30 PM   #18
Major Player

What everyone else said about a must to have a good tripod to start with a good fluid head. From there when your moving around for a lot for pre shots, photo session, reception party, etc. I give a plus 1 to the link that dan provided, the manfrotto with the swivel head and feet. You can get a lot of fluidness out of that monopod, quickly adjust heights and angles, etc.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques