DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Sell z7 (and mrc1) and buy 600d and good lens bundle (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/513918-sell-z7-mrc1-buy-600d-good-lens-bundle.html)

Glen Frank January 31st, 2013 07:52 AM

Sell z7 (and mrc1) and buy 600d and good lens bundle

im still pondering on selling my z7 and getting a good couple of lenses and a 600d (i know its not full frame, but i cant afford much else)...and then maybe a second 600d later down the line...im an ex photogaphers so understand the learning curve on filming with dlsr v camcorder, but once ive installed the hack, (and my audio side is all sorted anyway) would i notice a HUGE improvement on picture quality ?

Monday Isa January 31st, 2013 08:56 AM

Re: Sell z7 (and mrc1) and buy 600d and good lens bundle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Frank (Post 1776322)
im still pondering on selling my z7 and getting a good couple of lenses and a 600d (i know its not full frame, but i cant afford much else)...and then maybe a second 600d later down the line...im an ex photogaphers so understand the learning curve on filming with dlsr v camcorder, but once ive installed the hack, (and my audio side is all sorted anyway) would i notice a HUGE improvement on picture quality ?

In resolute quality nope. It will be less. In terms of over all image aesthetics a big yes. When moving from my XHA1 to a T2i back in the day it was a nice over all upgrade in image quality. When ever I look back at blurays shot with both man the difference in actual sharpness is pretty evident with the XHA1 just showing a nice beautiful HD image. In the end if there's no other image to compare the DSLR footage to then you have zero to worry to about. A 600D will get the job done no problem what so ever and the client will be happy and you'll be paid. That's all that matters. :)

Glen Frank January 31st, 2013 09:02 AM

thanks, just think that selling the z7 might be the time, as there dropping in price and old technology - albeit still really good quality, just dont want to be left with something i cant sell in another 12months - where as some good glass etc can be used on a different camera for a few years yet...as long as i wont be DISAPOINTED is the main thing, and frm peoples feedback on here, it looks like i wont be ! thanks

Monday Isa January 31st, 2013 09:05 AM

Once you get use to shooting DLSR you won't be disappointed. Good luck and I would try to sell the Z7 before NAB as it looks like Sony will have a 4K prosumer camcorder there. That itself will push the resale value down more.

Peter Rush January 31st, 2013 09:33 AM

Well guys I've been using my 5D Mk3 for a few weddings (just bride prep and couples stuff) and I'm afraid it might be going on Ebay - I shoot 1080 and the 30fps just makes the footage to jittery for me compared with what I get from my EA50 at 50fps - especially as I like to slow things down occasionally - don't get me wrong I love the quality of the images a DSLR gives but the quirkyness of the form factor and lack of 50fps means I'm now getting a Sony VG30 as a smaller alternative to the EA50 for bride prep and steadicam stuff.

I mounted the 5D in a Gearbox cage with a Lilliput 5" monitor which helped for low down or up high angles but in the midst of busy weddings I found the form factor just got in the way - back to traditional video cameras - that's why i love the EA50 - almost like a DSLR in a traditional camcorder body!

Monday Isa January 31st, 2013 09:35 AM

Technically the VG30 and EA50 are DSLR sensors :P but I know what you mean. Glad Sony has created a cam to fit your needs.