NYC Wedding 5/18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #1
Tourist

NYC Wedding 5/18

Hello everyone

I have been researching who to hire and what kind of packages to get these past few weeks and i stumbled across this forum. I figured what better way to get feedback than ask some pros. here are a couple of questions i have at this stage in the process:

-i wanted someone to shoot in super 8 but the venue we are getting married is kind of dark. Would this be a problem?

-along with a short movie in super 8 we would like our ceremony (with audio) and reception shot digitally with perhaps a raw edit.

-is this too much to ask for from one videographer? or should i hire them separately? having trouble finding someone who sounds comfortable with both.

thanks for any input.
Ramin Rezvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: NYC Wedding 5/18

you forgot the most important thing, your budget.

i'm assuming you're looking for super 8 because of it's asthetics, but you're right that if the light is low, it just won't work. digital has handily surpassed film in low light ability, and anyone with some edit ability or even just the ability to purchase magic bullet looks or similar, can emulate the 8mm film stock look reasonably.
Old February 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: NYC Wedding 5/18

Dark and Super 8 do not mix well and yes, I think it's way too much to ask of 1 person. Honestly for the job you want done, you need at least 2 possibly 3. Remember Super 8 is a 3 1/2 minute cassette or at least it was back in the late 60s when I used it.
Not sure what you mean by "raw edit" but I'm sure if you hire someone to shoot video of the event you can explain that to them.
BTW, May 18th is a good day to get married. I did 44 years ago! Still am to the same woman. How does she put up with me?
anyway, good luck in your pursuit!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques