My First kickboxing event at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 11th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My First kickboxing event

Hi Guys

I have been asked to film a 'Kickboxing event'.. I have watched a few videos online and people either multicam (one from ringside and one from afar and sync) or one from afar and zoom.

The hall is not particularly big but does have a balcony.

Just got a Panasonic AC90 so wondering will that do the job from distance and what settings/problems do I need to be aware of filming 'action'

Thanks
Phil Gadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: My First kickboxing event

What's the video for?

If it's going to be a full house, the balcony on a stable tripod sounds like the go. What's the available light going to be like, can they turn it up?
Capturing the sound will add to the action, put (or hire) a shotgun on your AC90.

I once videoed a cockfight in Manilla in a heatwave. It was a crazy madhouse, the screams of the audience betting drove the soundtrack into distortion.
Watch out for anything like that.

Cheers.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Trustee

An event such as kickboxing is usually shot with at least 2 cameras at 90 degree angles. The reason is because the fighters will constantly turn and spin, leaving one angle good at all times.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Guys

I have a rode videomic pro (with adaptor) and a new at875r if thats any good.

Yeah I have seen 2 camera footage (one from afar and one right next to the ring) which looked good

Its an old church thats been turned into a theatre, square room with 2 balconies.. The lighting should be ok at ringside
Phil Gadd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques