Does anyone shoot with a Sony NEX-FS100UK for weddings? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Does anyone shoot with a Sony NEX-FS100UK for weddings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Manford View Post
Here is an article that will interest you: Sony NEX-EA50 vs. Sony NEX-FS100 (and the Parfocal 3x+ Zoom Challenge) - Streaming Media Producer

I quote: " I generally don't find I need more than 12 dB of gain on even the most challenging lighting situations with the FS100, but if I had to use the EA50 I would need 21 dB of gain to achieve the same level of exposure. For a camcorder this would result in an extremely noisy image, but for a large-sensor video camera, 21 dB of gain is very usable."

So in other words, it's not the end of the world. 21db of Gain is more than useable from what i've found. I even use footage all the way up to 24db and i've capped my camera to not exceed that.
Filming at a very dark Allerton Castle in North Yorkshire a few weeks back my EA50 was all the way up to 30db - 24db would have still resulted in a too dark image - Fortunately Neat Video saved the day and cleaned up the very grainy footage - 30db is just usable if cleaned up
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: Does anyone shoot with a Sony NEX-FS100UK for weddings?

Yeah I've settled on the FS100, I need to wait a bit to be able to swing it, but its what I'll go with. Thanks a lot for all the feedback everyone, that was super helpful.
James Palanza is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques