Buying first sound equipment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #1
New Boot

Buying first sound equipment

Hi there,

RE: sound equipment

I've just bought my first camera (thanks to everyone who gave their opinions/advice on that), which is a Canon 600D (T3i) DSLR, with a 50mm lens.
I'm looking for (easy to learn, if possible) external sound equipment, but not really sure what to go for/what I'd need.

What I will be filming is a documentary style (mockumentary) blog/web series to be seen on youtube.
It will consist of blogs shot indoors, involving just me, but as well, external footage. This will involve the public, so I'd need equipment which is good enough to capture outdoor conversation, is easily portable and easy to use, as only me will be setting up and using the equipment - I do not have crew. For instance, I won't be able to hold it - like you would a boom - as I am IN the shot, alongside the public.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice on this, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Vicki
Vicki Helyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Buying first sound equipment

sound recorder like a zoom h1 or whatever they are called, and a 60~$ lav mic should do you good
James Palanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Buying first sound equipment

I recommend the Yamaha C-24 digital recorder as it has a similar price & facilities to the Zoom H1 but is much smaller so more pocket friendly.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques