DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Audio sweetening specifically for dialogue in Weddings (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/515877-audio-sweetening-specifically-dialogue-weddings.html)

Kelly Huffaker April 16th, 2013 09:06 PM

Audio sweetening specifically for dialogue in Weddings

I just wanted to see what everyone else's workflow in post audio sweetening. I typicaly have 1 recorder with lav mic in the groom's pocket, and 1 for the officient. Normally the audio files are mono so I take them all in to Audition CS6 and convert them to stereo. From there I immediately do a "Noise Print" in order to get rid of that minor hiss in the background. Then I apply the Parametric EQ filter which I find gives the best control of how the overall quality sounds. Then rename, and export the Sweetened Audio and take into PPCS6. I never save over the original and sometimes I second guess myself in how the processed audio sounds and might give it another treatment. That's pretty much how my workflow. Just wondering what ya'lls audio workflow is like.

Nigel Barker April 17th, 2013 07:57 AM

Re: Audio sweetening specifically for dialogue in Weddings

We only mic the groom. I don't use Audition unless there is something drastically wrong with the audio & it needs rescuing. In Premiere Pro CS6 the two audio filters I use are the Denoiser which takes out any hiss then I use the Dynamics Filter thus

1) Lift the gain of the clip until the quiet parts are loud enough. (The loudest parts will now be too loud)
2) Select Compressor & adjust the threshold and ratio until the louder parts are acceptable.
3) If necessary enable the Limiter to prevent clipping.

Kelly Huffaker April 21st, 2013 11:11 PM

How accurate is the Denoiser feature in Premiere? Never used it.

Nigel Barker April 22nd, 2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Huffaker (Post 1791792)
How accurate is the Denoiser feature in Premiere? Never used it.

It works pretty well especially in the quiet passages if there is any hiss or hum you just adjust the noise floor Adobe Premiere DeNoiser Effect

Kren Barnes April 23rd, 2013 03:23 PM

Hi Kelly,

Even though our audio files are mono from H2n and Sony voice recorders with lav mics , i do not convert it to stereo. I drag down the audio file/parts i am using to the sequence, clean it up with Adobe Soundbooth or sometimes i just use the Denoiser. After that when i am satisfied with it, i simply copy and paste it to the audio timeline below my original audio file and then go to Audio effects, Stereo and Swap channel...insert swap channel unto your copied audio file and you'll have both L and R stereo audio...

Cheers,

Kren