Packaging of final product - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 26th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #31
Major Player

Re: Packaging of final product

Who's looking to get into the scored paper business?? :)
Corey Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #32
Major Player

Not to hijack the thread, but is anyone here delivering USB flash drives, and if so, can you please recommend a good source.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Especially flash drives that are either white or silver and have "Our Wedding" printed on them!!!

I have looked around for years and you seem to be able to get thumbdrives in every shape and size EXCEPT a wedding one....I can get them printed here easily BUT do I really want to have 50 drives sitting in stock ...(that's the minimum order) and even if every single bride had one it would still take me over a year to clear 50 of the little suckers.

One would think that just someone would make a drive with some printing or a pic of a bride and groom on it where you could buy just a few at a time?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #34
Inner Circle

These flash drives are being promoted to photographers to use to deliver their images instead of on disc. They are solid metal nice quality & feel quite weighty although to my mind look awfully cheesy with the fake jewels Jewelled Heart USB Digital Image Presentation Kit | USB Jewellery, USB Heart, Jewelled Heart USB Drives, USB Sticks for photographers | Photovalue.com
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Hi Nigel

I agree. They really do go over the top a bit and do look rather cheesy ... if a bride was carrying around her laptop and that drive was bumping around in her handbag I would expect one or two of the fake stones to soon fall out and then it would indeed look tacky!

I wonder why there isn't just one manufacturer than has a normal looking thumbdrive in an elegant white with the words "Our Wedding" silk screened on each side? That's really all you would need but sadly I have yet to ever find an off-the-shelf supplier.

It would probably be cheaper to have a silkscreen made and just zap your own as and when you need one or two during weddings where brides want a USB delivery of photos or video?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #36
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Arieli View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but is anyone here delivering USB flash drives, and if so, can you please recommend a good source.
Mine are leather and metal, with company logo embossed on the leather, and about $20 each when I buy in bulk. Made by an Australian company called "flashbay". (Chris, these guys don't require a minimum order of 50. And if you wanted ones that simply said "Our wedding", it would be easy to get them made up.)

I don't know of an equivalent US company, but they must be out there.

If you have a bigger budget, then there are beautiful handcrafted wooden ones made in Germany (Thalbach Design Manufaktur - USB-Sticks und exklusives Design aus edlem Holz), there's Swarovski ones (USB Keys - Fashion accessories - Swarovski Online Shop), and there's minimalist crystal ones (Logical Art ESHOP | Empty Memory).

I wish my budget allowed for these. But an additional drawback is that many of these tend to max out around 4gb, which for me cuts it pretty fine. I'd suggest you'd want at least 8gb, with 12gb or 16gb allowing room for Indian weddings and photos or other data the couple might want to store.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a luxury DVD case, check out this leather box handmade in Spain:

Zeppelin Dvd Case Brown-Old Leather

After ordering a couple as samples, I decided not to go with it -- too expensive for me, and also impractical, since they fit just one disc. But oh what a beautiful box.

I've sort of looked into getting some sort of box custom made on Etsy or locally, but not seriously -- off-the-shelf cases from Wedding DVD Cases - Blank DVDs - DVD Jewel Case - VHS Tape Packs – Warehouse Video, Middlesex, UK currently suit my needs and wallet better.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #37
Inner Circle

Here in the UK both Loxley Colour & SIM2000 are now producing cases that match their DVD/CD Folios but contain a USB device.

https://www.loxleycolour.com/cddvdfolio.aspx
USB Cases | Sim Imaging

The Loxley credit card sized device looks pretty slick but I am not sure how robust the swivel plug will be.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques