Chapters in Mp4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 13th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Trustee

Chapters in Mp4?

I'm thinking of switching to 100% softcopy delivery. At the moment we deliver the Highlights / SDE in both HD mp4 and SD DVD. We also do a documentary edit of the entire day in chapters. I would love to deliver that in HD softcopy too but i have no idea how to do something like a DVD menu.

I heard of flash but i think that is obsolete now. Is there a better way? I have heard of folks editing extended highlights 15-20min as the only deliverable so they do not need chapters.
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Chapters in Mp4?

You can create the menus in Encore and export to a Flash file instead of a disk. It takes no Flash skills.

Flash isn't dead, it's just changing. It used to be that everyone wanted a Flash website, or at least Flash on their website. With the boom in mobile devices (many not Flash enabled), those websites took a hit. Apple played a huge roll in that. Now HTML5 is the new deal. Flash is now big in online gaming. Most games played in a web browser are Flash.
Byron Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques