Do you check every minute of finished DVD? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 14th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Do you check every minute of finished DVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
I could think of nothing more nauseating than re-watching my over-priced cheesy wedding videos, or hearing Bruno bloody Mars any more times than I have to.
This almost sounds like a 9 to 5 job and you are counting the hours until you can get home :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #17
Major Player

We watch the final burned DVD / Blu-ray 100% of the time. Not often but every once in a awhile we catch an editing glitch we did not see while editing.

We only do that once and just check the subsequent discs burned to make sure they play and the menu works.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #18
Trustee

I do what Chris Harding does, check it during editing and then after I burn it just check the menus ,beginning middle and end. If something goes wrong (it happened only 2 times so far) and my client phones me and tells me what is wrong, then I just fix the fault and and that's it.No big deal.

stelios
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Inner Circle

It's a sensible solution and the chance of actually missing an error is very tiny. However for the first time in a LONG while a bride phoned me and said the name on the title is incorrect...the lady was Leanna not Deanna and I checked spelling with the DJ instead of the lady herself...Got to run some extra copies now!!
It's a good idea to stick with generic titles like "The Father of the Bride" instead of using actual names as in this day and age weird and wonderful spelling seems to be the in thing ...I normally stick with generic titles to avoid spelling errors but slipped up on this one sadly!!

Nice to hear from you Stelios too!! I have a Greek Orthodox wedding coming up shortly and had the rehearsal a few days ago ... the priest is very nice and offered me several alternative camera positions (obviously behind him as the couple have their backs to the guests all the time) It should be an easy one!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #20
Inner Circle

IF I do rolling credits of the entire bridal party they'd better have a printed program with the names in it at the ceremony so I can grab one and put it in the job bag. I did one a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a program but the bride emailed me the names. I did a copy and paste into Vegas and if anything was spelled wrong it would be on the bride since she gave me the names.
I used to like doing rolling credits, not so much anymore.
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #21
Major Player

I've done those rolling credits if asked and always request that the bride email me the list, as Don says it's on them if they mis-spell.
On another note I was doing up a little slide show this morning for my sis and discovered to my embarrassment that i had her name spelled incorrectly and i've just finished re-transcoding and burning a disc.
Goes to show that you need to keep your wits about you at all times!

:-)
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I still prefer to keep names out of rendered footage. Even if the bride has indeed made a mistake and is hugely sorry about it, she will still want it rectified. Sure she will pay, but it's still a pain in the butt to redo it all because of one single error.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Nice to hear from you Stelios too!! I have a Greek Orthodox wedding coming up shortly and had the rehearsal a few days ago ... the priest is very nice and offered me several alternative camera positions (obviously behind him as the couple have their backs to the guests all the time) It should be an easy one!

Chris
Here in Cyprus and in Greece there are no rehearsals done, Only in overseas counties sometimes this happens. Greek Weddings are the easiest things to do. No mikes to put on the couple as they never talk during the ceremony, and you can put the cameras anywhere you like.

stelios
Old June 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #24
Major Player

Yes. Our films are only 15 minutes long so not so bad but we sit there and watch every second. We make sure there are no exposure shifts, the colours match, we havnt left a single frame of shakey footage.

We also check to make sure it has the right feel and flow.

We only do 25-30 weddings a year though. If your doing 70 of them at 2 hours a go then I would seriously re-think things.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques