DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Simple and brief thank you note or letter to client/couple (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/517696-simple-brief-thank-you-note-letter-client-couple.html)

Andre Pimentel July 10th, 2013 12:14 PM

Simple and brief thank you note or letter to client/couple

Hello guys, what are you saying in your note or letter of thank you for having us film your wedding? I would like to include a little letter or note saying thanks for having us, something just sweet and short. Also anyone using any special paper for that? Please let me know your process.

James Manford July 10th, 2013 12:24 PM

Re: Simple and brief thank you note or letter to client/couple

Anything you think is fine will work. That's your individual touch.

There is a thread somewhere where people have given packets of popcorn, sweets, fake cinema tickets, etc etc.

Allan Black July 18th, 2013 01:58 AM

But wait till the cheque clears, if it happens to bounce, wrap it around a brick include any appropriate comments you like.

Seriously, if they're a young couple, wish them all the best and add your middle name for their first child.

Cheers.

Noa Put July 18th, 2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Pimentel (Post 1804161)
what are you saying in your note or letter of thank you for having us film your wedding?

I don't, my clients thank me for what I have done for them :)

Al Gardner July 18th, 2013 10:55 AM

If you want to thank your clients do it when they sign the contract.

Of course thanks was always written on my contract as well.

Nothing wrong with a thank you card sometime after though. Classy touch.

George Kilroy July 24th, 2013 11:23 AM

When I started weddings it was the custom for friends and family to send wedding cards which were read out by the best man during his speech. I always sent a card to arrive at the bride's home a day or two before the wedding with a short 'best wishes for your life together'. Now it seems those congratulations and wishes are sent by texts or tweets. I guess a facebook message would work with the advantage that all their friends would also see it and that would promote your name.

Nigel Barker July 25th, 2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Kilroy (Post 1805880)
When I started weddings it was the custom for friends and family to send wedding cards which were read out by the best man during his speech. I always sent a card to arrive at the bride's home a day or two before the wedding with a short 'best wishes for your life together'. Now it seems those congratulations and wishes are sent by texts or tweets. I guess a facebook message would work with the advantage that all their friends would also see it and that would promote your name.

The tradition always used to be for telegrams from absent friends & relatives to be read out. Of course telegrams are long gone & reading out emails doesn't have the same sense of occasion.