DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Can you spot the photographer? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/519359-can-you-spot-photographer.html)

Steven Davis October 6th, 2013 07:48 PM

Can you spot the photographer?

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, it happened, more than once. Good times.

Jerry Porter October 6th, 2013 08:22 PM

Re: Can you spot the photographer?

Very subtle..... can you highlight it for us????

Chris Harding October 6th, 2013 09:06 PM

Sometimes I'm very tempted to leave footage like that in the ceremony video so the bride can see exactly what a moron the photog was!! However more often than not I'll cut to a guest shot or use the wide back cam shot so it's not so blantant!!!

What amazes me is that they are also quite happy to just stroll across your FOV casually ..at least most will move quickly or attempt to duck

Chris

Clive McLaughlin October 7th, 2013 12:25 AM

Is she using the in-built flash??????

Peter Rush October 7th, 2013 03:58 AM

Astonishing!

Roger Gunkel October 7th, 2013 04:42 AM

Looks like someone who doesn't usually film weddings, by their equipment, casual attitude and total lack of awareness of what is going on around them, let alone a basic level of wedding etiquette.

Roger

Steven Digges October 8th, 2013 10:12 AM

And how can someone show up to a wedding dressed like that! Since I am mostly a corporate shooter, proper business attire is important to me and the freelancers I hire.

I think some still shooters (and some videographers) think they are exempt from etiquette because they play the "artist thing", what BS. Professional means being a professional.

Steve

Roger Gunkel October 8th, 2013 11:04 AM

Totally agree Steve, I like to dress smartly when filming a wedding and blend in with the guests. I've seen so many weddings where the photographer turns up in a polo shirt emblazoned with his company logo. Looks totally naff and inappropriate .

Roger

Chris Geiger October 8th, 2013 10:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Can you spot the videographer? I am a stills photographer but I also offer video with my wife and/or son shooting the video. Here are some photos I collected over the years of other videographers.

Steven Davis October 8th, 2013 11:56 PM

Yeah, this was a tough one. I have zoom lenses that keep me out of the way. We also shoot photography as well, and again, we have zoom lenses that keep us out of the way. I showed my client and told her I would minimize it the best I can. I had a back go pro that I can cut to, unfortunately, some of this is during the vows and rings.

I show up in black, with our logo shirts. As for the photo shots posted in this thread, I agree, they're bad. I'm glad we've been called 'invisible' before. This current client didn't even know we were at the ceremony shooting. :}