i need your opinion - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 7th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: i need your opinion

Well Buba, come back and tell us how it goes / went. We're all watching and waiting :)
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski View Post
Big thank you everyone!
i truly appreciate everyone's comments, it was really nice to have a fresh look at my work, hear different opinions, and the main thing - i believe i still have it:)
thank you!
i didn't tell the whole story, was so puzzled with their feedback :)
the couple actually canceled some video guy they already booked for their wedding after they saw my demos, but after this video - they told me they don't like my work, but there's more :))
Yesterday they call me back saying that the bride is so stressed and all that, and they sorry, and they still want me to film their wedding, bride told me she hated how fake her smile was looking in the video, well, i didn't tell her to smile, i always tell my couples try to look natural, try to be yourself, i create situations for my videos, but i don't ask, and i don't let them to 'act', cuz they're not actors, and i know it's gonna look shit.
i get this, sometimes people get so shocked when they see themselves on video, we'll how it goes :)
And another big thank you - no more white skull caps , he he
Your filming style is fine and unique to yourself. You will always get people that like it and don't.

This particular bride will be trouble, hundred and ten percent guaranteed. The fact she nearly decided to not have you film her wedding over disliking her fake smile says it all ..

Stay well clear, unless you want to become clinically depressed from the criticism you'll get ! ... this film you've shown us was a controlled, short trailer, the wedding is a LIVE, uncontrollable event.

GOOD LUCK if you take it on ...
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #18
Inner Circle

You are a true pro, Buba, and you do fantastic work, best of luck to you this weekend!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques