DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   delivery option for ipad (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/519949-delivery-option-ipad.html)

Jeff Harper November 12th, 2013 06:16 PM

delivery option for ipad

How do I deliver a wedding mp4 to a client who wants to view it on their ipad? Ipads do not have USB slots, correct? Do I give them an SD card? I am clueless with Macs, any help apppreciated.

Chris Talawe November 12th, 2013 06:27 PM

Re: delivery option for ipad

maybe you can use dropbox and share the link with so they are able to download it. that is what i would do. another option is to post it privately on vimeo and allow them to download the file.

Jeff Harper November 12th, 2013 06:31 PM

Good ideas, Chris. I am hoping however to find a way to physically hand them the product. My full wedding videos are typically 3-4GB plus a highlight clip. So while Vimeo is a nice option, it's not ideal in this case. Of course is there was no other way, your suggestions might be best.

Adrian Tan November 12th, 2013 06:38 PM

Jeff, could you just give them an mp4 on a USB stick? Is that what you mean?

They won't be able to plug the USB into the iPad, but they'll be able to use iTunes to add it to their iPad's video library.

Jeff Harper November 12th, 2013 06:46 PM

Adrian, sorry, I don't understand. How can customer get it onto the device if they do not have a USB slot? I routinely give USB sticks, so that's not an issue.

Warren Kawamoto November 12th, 2013 07:27 PM

Jeff,
Most ipad customers have other computers besides just the ipad. If so, they'll be able to download the contents of the usb stick from their computer to their itunes account, and sync it to their ipad. That is why and ipad doesn't need a usb port, it downloads everything from the cloud.

Jeff Harper November 12th, 2013 07:29 PM

Ohhhh, I get it. Thanks for clearing that up, Warren! Thanks Adrian, I appreciate your advice.

Tim Bakland November 12th, 2013 07:43 PM

I hope one day Encore will be able to encode for iPad compatible virtual DVDs.
Or maybe it does now? my version only

Chris Harding November 12th, 2013 08:21 PM

Hi Jeff

IPad users can also get a USB adapter from Apple (as normal it's a crazy price!) but that's not your problem. For iPad people I simply deliver the USB to them and then it's up to them to get in onto their iPad ... you have supplied the product on a USB stick and that's where it ends. They must attend to the upload/download themselves.

Chris

Steve Bleasdale November 13th, 2013 01:49 AM

Share vimeo link or you tube then uncheck under the video for anyone to download file then ring client she downloads to computer raw file then as soon as she has downloaded then check the box so that no one else can download raw file.

Nigel Barker November 13th, 2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1820408)
Share vimeo link or you tube then uncheck under the video for anyone to download file then ring client she downloads to computer raw file then as soon as she has downloaded then check the box so that no one else can download raw file.

That's a bit of a convoluted workflow. Why not use Dropbox or similar cloud service?

I can thoroughly recommend Copy.com who give 15GB free (in comparison to Dropbox 2GB) & if you sign up with this referral link you will get an extra 5GB for 20GB in total (plus I also get another 5GB free when you use my link). https://copy.com?r=7Cadj6

Steve Bleasdale November 13th, 2013 03:37 AM

Yes Nigel but the client then has the raw file and then can upload it to her pad to show friends rather than trust internet connections for dropbox. If there is no internet how can she show her video? So that's what I do then the client can have the video anytime she wants on her pad.

Nigel Barker November 13th, 2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1820416)
Yes Nigel but the client then has the raw file and then can upload it to her pad to show friends rather than trust internet connections for dropbox. If there is no internet how can she show her video? So that's what I do then the client can have the video anytime she wants on her pad.

I put a copy of the video file into a client sub-folder in my copy.com folder then that synchs with the cloud & I share the subfolder with the client. They don't play the video from the cloud (although they can) they download it to their computer or iPad or wherever. It's the same for Dropbox. It's far simpler than using Vimeo & switching download on/off.

Steve Bleasdale November 13th, 2013 04:33 AM

Then that is a good idea Nigel nice one, I will look into that cheers man...