Videography construction documentation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 30th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Tourist

Videography construction documentation

Well I'm pretty new here and fairly new at this, so any help, advice, etc. would be greatly appriciated. I landed a small job doing site documentation videography for a local construction firm. I am to video the entire site prior to the start of work so that the contractor can provide evidence that none of the site incured any damage during the phase of construction. Now has any one ever done anything like this before? This is one of my first jobs and would not like to screw it up.
Jesse Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Tourist

so I'm all alone on this one...
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm not sure what your after.Is this for legal purposes?What type of construction, a house,apartment building,factory,subdivision?
Are you talking about enviromental impact? What is on site that might be damaged?Where is the site location, what country,in a city or the woods?
A few more specifics might get some answers.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:11 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Ross
so I'm all alone on this one...
Not if you answered your email....
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #5
Tourist

Okay the Details:
It is for legal purposes; apparantly the company requesting the work has had trouble with damaged property during construction in the past and has adopted a policy of making contractors document site location prior to start of work. I am to document all areas that would be affected during the time of construction. The site is a water tower and it will be retrofit to supply the growing community around it. There is a paved access road that is part of the site and the contracter wants this documented as well in case trucks hauling in steel damage it. The rest of the site comprises the tower itself, and hopefully will not require any shots of the exterior as the tower is very tall.

The second is a private residence and again only the areas directly affected by work and accesses are to be documented.

Finally, Bob, if I got your e-mail it was lost in the junk folder so I never got around to reading it. Sorry. I appriciate the attempted help, and would really appriciate a second sending.
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:57 AM   #6
Major Player

Jesse, 2nd email sent.
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #7
Major Player

Bob ,just wondering why you don't answer here on the forum so that others can see the help that your providing.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Major Player

Ummmmm, because I chose not to?
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:15 PM   #9
Major Player

Real nice.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques