GH3 vs 5D MKIII for stills? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 5th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GH3 vs 5D MKIII for stills?

I know the 5D3 beats the GH3 for depth of field, but what about actual still image quality? I'll be doing food photography at the wedding for which I won't be making large prints, just for the web.

Has anybody here used both the GH3 and the 5D3 who can post their experiences/examples?

Thank you. :)
Jarred Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: GH3 vs 5D MKIII for stills?

5d should be miles better for stills. But I'm sure the GH3 would be just fine for your purposes...
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: GH3 vs 5D MKIII for stills?

The Canon is a full frame, professional camera. The GH3 is a high end consumer camera that can take professional quality photos. There is no contest, Brian is correct and what he says is exactly right. For your use, the GH3 will be fine. In the right hands, with the right lens, the GH3 is no slouch, but cannot touch the Canon.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques