Add groom/bride chatter during ceremony? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 18th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Add groom/bride chatter during ceremony?

For the ceremony cut, do you add in any chatter picked up on the Groom's lav between the couple or wedding party while the ceremony is in session?
Travis Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Add groom/bride chatter during ceremony?

Usually no. And the way I edit, I probably wouldn't notice -- I normally just trim out the groom's lav except for the vows, without listening to the rest of it.

But sometimes yes. What alerts me is if I happen to have a good shot of the best man saying something with a smile to the groom while she's walking down the aisle, or if I've got a good shot of the couple laughing about something during the ceremony. I'll then eavesdrop in, but will only leave it in if I don't think the couple will find this intrusive (ie, they're a cool couple, and what they're saying is innocuous).

But horses for courses. I don't really do a proper documentary style, but people who do tend to use a bucketload more natural audio than I do throughout the day.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I did leave the chatter in while the bride was walking down the aisle once as it really was good but was instructed by the bride to cut it out!!

I obviously switch channels while the bride does her walk now!! Pity, it can be great!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Depends on what it is and when it is said. One needs to be very careful with the groom chatter. I've heard stuff that is X-rated and I've heard some very sweet (listen to me...sweet) ;-)
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Major Player

It all depends on what is said. If it's something emotional or special, yes I'll put it in.

But if it's just generic talk about whatever, then no.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques