New Website? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 19th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Website?

Greetings! I'm needing a new website and wondered if anyone could suggest a good template/web builder for me to use?
Jeremy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: New Website?

I'll give you a tip. Avoid flash-based designs, period, they don't show up on many phones properly. I'm currently re-doing my sites for this reason.

Go Wordpress if you can. I'm accustomed to HTML but I'm moving over to WP. Not for everyone, but worth a look for sure.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Inner Circle

+ 1 for wordpress, check out themeforest.net for a gazillion cheap themes, wordpress is much more then a blogging platform, over the years it has changed to multipurpose professional looking websites that are easy to set up. If I would have all text and images ready I could set up each wordpress website in a day.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Trustee

Agreed on wordpress if you insist on doing the site yourself. It will take a bit of trial and error to get things the way you want, but not nearly as much as a site from scratch would. Looks a lot better than some of those free sites like Wix, too.

Just browse under wordpress themes right on the main wordpress site. Heck, just go with the featured 'responsive' site and be happy with simplicity.

Whichever theme you do choose, you can simply google questions about it... for instance, 'Wordpress how do I....' and you'll probably find an answer.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques