DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Camera slider suggestions? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/521174-camera-slider-suggestions.html)

Laura Johnson January 21st, 2014 12:55 PM

Camera slider suggestions?

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I apologise if this question has already been asked and answered.
I am looking for a camera slider for my Canon XA10 for use at weddings. I was just wondering which camera slider you already use or would recommend? I'm not looking for something that will break the bank, but something that will do the job.

Many Thanks :)

Daniel Latimer January 21st, 2014 02:55 PM

Re: Camera slider suggestions?

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-...ew-slider.html

There's a bunch of suggestions in this thread.

Danny O'Neill January 21st, 2014 05:04 PM

6 posts down. No search needed.

Dinh Hung January 23rd, 2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura Johnson (Post 1828688)
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I apologise if this question has already been asked and answered.
I am looking for a camera slider for my Canon XA10 for use at weddings. I was just wondering which camera slider you already use or would recommend? I'm not looking for something that will break the bank, but something that will do the job.

Many Thanks :)

Konova K2
My video test

Noa Put January 23rd, 2014 05:05 AM

About the konova k2, to me it seems some luck is involved as I got one and it's even worse then my home made slider and the customer service is bad as well. On my k2 there was some play on the bearings when I got it making it impossible to get smooth slides, Konova send me some instructions how to adjust that but it is not possible on mine as the adjustment screw is completely stuck, I have send them a video showing the problem and all they can do is tell me to send the sled only to Korea after which they wil send a replacement sled. I would have expect that they send me the sled without any questions asked, the play on the bearings is a well known problem on the Konova's, you can find several videos online with this issue. I mean, they even have instructions how to adjust any play, that's like buying a car with an instruction how to tighten the steering wheel when you get it.

Steve Bleasdale January 23rd, 2014 08:04 AM

The Konova is decent for the price but by the hell try altering the play and you will be there for hours, email Konova they do not want to know and it costs shipping extortionate charges so I tried fixing the dam thing myself and I got it smooth as butter.
Take the ends of the slider, unscrew everything leaving the holes showing for the pliers given to do their work.
No need to unscrew the holes not for the pliers, leave them and only adjust the holes where the pliers go that came with the slider.
Turn left or right slightly not much and then check the head running along the slider make sure its not to loose as when you put everything back and then put the head and the camera back on there may be some play with the weight so I always tighten or loosen so that it just about runs freely but not to loose.
When everything back to normal, WD 40 along the slider then wipe with a tissue, clean with the slider oil cleaners on the ends and there you go.

Daniel Latimer January 23rd, 2014 09:45 AM

I think Danny said it in another thread, but the Cinevate Duzi is awesome. I have one and it's light and durable. I would highly recommend. Plus it's really not too expensive for the quality you get.

Max Palmer January 23rd, 2014 09:49 AM

What slider length do you guys find useful in wedding shoots? Not so big that you can't carry it around and get it into tighter spaces, but not so short that you keep finding yourself running out of room? I was looking at 30" sliders before, but I'm not concrete on anything.

Kelly Huffaker January 23rd, 2014 05:27 PM

Well just think of this way, if your doing highlights, or even a feature film, how long do you use a slide shot for? If you're using it for more than 5 seconds, that, to me, is too long. Especially for weddings, with quick cuts. The duzi is PERFECT length, and it's smooth as butter! Can't say enough great stuff about it!